|Canton :||Solothurn (SO)|
|Main town :||Niedergösgen|
|FSO number :||1105|
|Area :||68.67 km²|
|Height range :||363–991 m above sea level M.|
|Residents:||24,441 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||356 inhabitants per km²|
The Gösgen district is the easternmost district in the canton of Solothurn ( Switzerland ) on the border with the canton of Aargau . He belongs to the Olten-Gösgen office . The main town is Niedergösgen . The Gösgen district, located at the southern foot of the Jura between Olten and Aarau, has developed into a beautiful residential area in recent decades. Industry plays a lesser role here than z. B. in the Gäu or in the Olten district, with the exception of Trimbach, where industry plays a major role.
coat of arms
- Slanted links divided by red and silver
|coat of arms||Name of the parish||Population
(December 31, 2018)
Changes in the community
- Key data for the Gösgen district on the canton's website
- André Schluchter : Gösgen. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Hans Sigrist: The purchase of the Gösgen rule in 1458 . In: Yearbook for Solothurn History . tape 31 , 1958, pp. 5–20 , doi : 10.5169 / seals-324080 .
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- Federal Statistical Office Generalized Limits 2020.