Federation of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks
|Federation of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks|
|legal form||registered association|
|Board||Gerhard Hofmann, Andreas Martin|
The Federal Association of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks e. V. ( short: BVR ) is the central association of the cooperative banking group in Germany. At the end of 2019, members were all 839 cooperative banks (Volksbanks, Raiffeisenbanks , Sparda banks , PSD banks , church banks and special institutions), cooperative central banks, the companies of the FinanzGruppe and the cooperative auditing associations. The cooperative financial network with over 18 million members has total assets of 935 billion euros (end of 2018) and employs around 142,850 people (end of 2018).
The BVR represents the interests of the cooperative banking group nationwide and internationally. It coordinates and develops the common strategy of the Volksbanken and Raiffeisenbanken and advises and supports its members on legal, tax and business issues.
The BVR also has the security scheme of the cooperative financial network - the oldest privately financed bank security system in the world.
The BVR also ensures that its member banks are continuously informed about current economic and political developments that affect the banking sector. He is also the editor of BankInformation, which appears in DG VERLAG.
European issues are supported by a dedicated representation in Brussels.
The BVR is a member of the European Association of Cooperative Banks .
The board consists of three members. He is elected by the Board of Directors and represents the BVR externally. The board currently consists of the following people:
- Marija Kolak (President)
- Gerhard P. Hofmann
- Andreas Martin
Former presidents of the BVR were:
- Uwe Fröhlich (10 / 2008–10 / 2017)
- Christopher Pelp (2000 - July 2008)
- Wolfgang Grüger (1990–1999)
- Bernhard Schramm (1980–1989)
- Felix Viehoff (1976–1980)
- Horst Baumann, Lorenz Falkenstein (1973–1976)
- Horst Baumann, Theodor Sonnemann (1972–1973)
Board of Directors
The board of directors consists of 12 members of the association council. It advises the board of directors on questions of banking and banking policy, exercises a supervisory function vis-à-vis the board of directors and monitors the management of the board of directors of the protection scheme. According to the statutes, the chairman of the board of directors is the chairman of the association council. Acting Chairman of the Administrative and Association Council is currently:
- Veit Luxem (since September 11, 2015)
Former board and association chairmen were:
- Fritz Bokelmann (term of office: 2003–2007)
- Rainer Märklin (term of office:? –2002)
The association council consists of up to 53 members. It determines the strategic direction within the association. In accordance with the articles of association, the chairman of the association council also chairs the administrative board.
Each member institute is represented with one vote in the general assembly. The general assembly meets at least once a year.
- Baden-Württemberg Cooperative Association e. V. (BWGV)
- Genossenschaftsverband Bayern e. V. (GVB)
- Cooperative Association - Association of Regions e. V. (GV) (Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hesse, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia)
- Cooperative Association Weser-Ems e. V. (GVWE)
- Association of PSD Banks
- Association of Sparda Banks
- PDG Erfurt
Cooperative technology company
- F-Call AG
- Fiducia & GAD IT AG
- parcIT GmbH
- TSG Technologie Services GmbH
- VR-Netze GmbH
- VR Payment GmbH (previously: CardProcess GmbH)
From its inception, the BVR was based in the Schulze-Delitzsch-Haus in Bonn , which it had taken over from the German Cooperative Association (DGV). In 2001, as a result of the relocation of the government seat to Berlin (1999) , the federal association moved its headquarters there, but continues to use the Schulze-Delitzsch-Haus in Bonn.
- ^ Federal Association of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks BVR: Service - Imprint - BVR - Federal Association of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks. Retrieved May 7, 2020 .
- ^ BVR appoints Marija Kolak as president. In: private-banking-magazin.de
- ^ BVR: List of all cooperative banks.
- ↑ BVR: Press - figures, data, facts. Retrieved July 6, 2019 .
- ↑ BVR: Dr. Andreas Martin joins the BVR board. Retrieved December 7, 2013 .
- ↑ Felix Viehoff , in: Internationales Biographisches Archiv 47/1987 of November 9, 1987, in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- ↑ Genossenschaftsverband resolves to merge with the Rheinisch-Westfälischer Genossenschaftsverband - Genossenschaftsverband eV. Accessed on July 11, 2017 .
- ↑ CardProcess becomes VR Payment: Realignment will increase the effectiveness of the VR banks in the ZV In: it-finanzmagazin.de . Retrieved January 24, 2019
- ↑ turning point. ( Memento from July 25, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Federal Association of German Volksbanks and Raiffeisenbanks