Railway Museum Lužná u Rakovníka
The Railway Museum Lužná u Rakovníka of the Czech Railways České dráhy (ČD) is located in the premises of a former locomotive shed and boiler house of the Buschtěhrad Railway , at the Central Bohemian railway station Lužná u Rakovníka at the intersection of the Prague – Chomutov and Lužná u Rakovník – Rakovníka railway lines . After the National Technical Museum in Prague , it contains the largest collection of historical railway vehicles in the Czech Republic.
Steam locomotives were stationed here until 1979, in the 1980s the old steam locomotive workshop was demolished and a new building was built in its place for the revision of diesel locomotives. In 1996 the depot was closed. In 1997, various associations campaigned for the preservation of the boiler house and so the Railway Museum was built on the site of the boiler house in Lužná. In the same year, the first railway events were held. From 1999 the Czech State Railways took over and operates the former railway works as a museum, as part of a depot for historical vehicles (Depo historických vozidel) .
After the end of the steam traction, the boiler house had lost its authorization, and so the idea of a railway museum later arose. Many relics from the steam locomotive era such as the fourteen-hour locomotive shed , turntable , water crane and coal bunkers have been preserved, so that steam locomotives can still be operated today, especially since the museum acquired a coal crane.
The museum is located away from the Lužná u Rakovníka train station, so that visitors do not interfere with railway operations. On the other hand, it is easily accessible by the railway lines from Chomutov , Prague and Louny as well as by private transport. Most of the exhibits are housed in the 14-person locomotive shed, but the outdoor area also offers the opportunity to set up exhibits. All vehicles stationed in the museum are displayed on an electronic board in the entrance area, and selected vehicles can be explained in several languages.
Vehicles from other museum depots are put into the exhibition for the individual railway festivals. Associated with this are special trips in the vicinity. Night photo sessions with lighting were held.
There is a workshop next to the boiler house with an outdoor area, where repairs can be carried out on the museum vehicles up to the extent of a general inspection. In the workshop and the round shed, original parts of locomotives are also on display, explaining how a stoker furnace or a double blow pipe works.
The museum is open from April to May and from September to October on the weekends, in the summer months in between from Tuesday to Sunday.
- KND No. 6, industrial locomotive, not operational, oldest locomotive in the museum
- KND No. 29, industrial locomotive from 1950, not operational,
- 300.619 , formerly BEB Ia, tank locomotive, not operational,
- 324.391 , formerly BEB IIIa, outer frame locomotive, not operational,
- 422.098 , formerly kkStB 178, local railway locomotive , not operational,
- 354.195 , Czechoslovakian replica of the 629 series (kkStB / Südbahn), passenger train tender locomotive , operational
- 354.7152 , kkStb 429, (kkStB / Südbahn), KHKD, passenger train locomotive with tender, operational
- 434.1100 , formerly KkStB 270, NTM, freight locomotive, operational
- 434.2298 , freight locomotive, not operational
- 434.2218 , KHKD, freight locomotive, not operational, in optical refurbishment
- 464.035 , tank locomotive, not operational
- 477.043 , tank locomotive, operational
- 387.043 , NTM, express train locomotive, partially operational
- 433.049 , freight tender locomotive, not operational
- 524.159 , freight tender locomotive, not operational
- 534.0323 , freight locomotive, not operational
- 556.0271 , KHKD, freight locomotive, not operational
- 555.0153 , KHKD, freight locomotive, operational
- 555.0301 , KHKD, freight locomotive, partially operational
- 555.3221 , KHKD, freight locomotive, not operational, Mazut firing
KND No. 6
- T 334 004 , former DR series V 36
- T 334.0869 , shunting locomotive, operational
- T 435.0040 , shunting locomotive, operational
- T 444.0030 , locomotive for mixed service, operational
- T 466.0286 , locomotive for mixed service, operational
- T 478.3101 , locomotive for mixed service, working
- T 669.0001 , locomotive for heavy shunting, prototype, operational
- T 679.1600 , locomotive for heavy freight train service, operational
- M 124.01 , steam railcar , operational, called Komarek
- M 240.0100 , diesel multiple unit , operational
- M 262.0090 , diesel multiple unit , operational
Several freight cars, some of which can be used in photo trains, are on display in the museum.
It is the same with passenger cars. Restored 2-axle and 4-axle cars are part of the museum's inventory and are sometimes used for film screenings and special trips.
Model trains and other sights
On the outside area there is an oval track of a field railway with 800 mm gauge, which invites you to take a ride. In addition, some vehicles are exhibited as model vehicles in showcase scale, and there is also a photo exhibition about the history of the Buschtěhrad Railway. Model trains will be shown during the celebrations, and there will also be a presentation of historical railway safety technology.
- Eisenbahnkurier 10/2003 - Abroad currently
- Eisenbahnkurier 08/2005 - Railway history
- Main page of the Czech Railways Museum in Luzhna on cdmuseum.cz ( page can no longer be accessed , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- Museum of the Czech Railways in Luschna on cdmuseum.cz ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- About the Czech Railways Museum in Lužná on cdmuseum.cz ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. .
- About the Czech Railways Museum in Luschna on Andi's Rail World Railway Archive .