|Surname||Football Club Suðuroy|
|founding||January 1, 2010
February 22, 2005 (merger)
|president||Julius Vest Joensen|
|First soccer team|
|Head coach||Sigfríður Clementsen|
In 1994 VB Vágur took first place in the second division and then merged with the fifth placed in the second division, SÍ Sumba , to Sumba / VB . The following year the partners separated again. In 2005 the two clubs reunited as VB / Sumba , but after an eighth place in 2006, they were relegated to the bottom of the table in the following year.
At the end of 2007 there were considerations to merge the teams from the island of Suðuroy. While the members of TB Tvøroyri voted against, the members of Royn Hvalba voted in favor and were also part of this association since November 2007. In 2009, however, they took part again independently in the game operation in the 3rd Deild .
In 2009 he was promoted again to Vodafonedeildin (now Betrideildin ). On January 1, 2010, the name was finally changed to FC Suðuroy . In the same year, the team missed relegation by one point in the first division and then rose to the 1st Deild . After the sovereign victory in this class with only one defeat, the team played again in the top division in 2012, but had to leave it again after only one year in last place. In 2014 they were promoted again to second place, after finishing ninth, FC Suðuroy played in the second division in 2016.
At the beginning of 2017, FC Suðuroy merged with TB Tvøroyri and Royn Hvalba to form the club TB / FC Suðuroy / Royn , which competed in the Betrideildin . After an eighth and seventh place, the merger was dissolved again. Since the second team of TB / FC Suðuroy / Royn 2018 took the last place in the 1st Deild , FC Suðuroy 2019 starts in the 2nd Deild and failed with the third place on the rise.
- Bjarne Hansen (1995)
- John Christensen (2005)
- Dragan Kovacevic (2005)
- Ole Andersen (2006)
- Bjarni Johansen (2006)
- Finn Johannesen (2006)
- Predrag Prsic (2007)
- Jón Pauli Olsen (2008-2010)
- Pól F. Joensen (2011–2012)
- Tórður Holm (2012)
- Sasa Kolman (2012)
- Jón Johannesen (2013-2014)
- Jón Pauli Olsen (2014-2015)
- Palli Augustinussen & Mamuka Toronjadze (2016)
- Sigfríður Clementsen (2019)
All players who have played at least ten games for the national team are listed.
The record player in the first division is Jón Poulsen with 133 games. Poulsen also scored the most goals in the Betrideildin with 30 .
- Best league placement: 8th place ( 2005 , 2006 )
- Biggest home win: 5-1 against KÍ Klaksvík (May 25, 2005), 5-1 against TB Tvøroyri (July 17, 2005)
- Biggest home defeat: 6-0 against ÍF Fuglafjørður (May 20, 2012), 7-1 against KÍ Klaksvík (June 5, 2006)
- Biggest away win: 4-1 against HB Tórshavn (September 12, 2010), 3-0 against NSÍ Runavík (September 10, 1995)
- Biggest away defeat: 6-0 against HB Tórshavn (June 17, 2012), 7-1 against KÍ Klaksvík (October 6, 2012)
- Most goals-scored game: KÍ Klaksvík vs. VB / Sumba 6: 3 (September 2, 2007)
- Record goalscorer : Jón Krosslá Poulsen (56 goals as of the end of 2010)
- Eternal table : 16th place
The women's team from FC Suðuroy played twice as Sumba / VB and VB / Sumba in the Betrideildin , and the team was in the 1995 cup final and lost to B36 Tórshavn 1: 2. In 2009, in the 2nd Deild, as runner-up with three points, the promotion was just missed. Due to the increase in the first division in 2012, a fourth place in the preseason was enough for renewed promotion. In the top division, however, only managed a single draw, the team did not appear in the last games and withdrew to the second division after the season.
- Best league placement: 8th place ( 1995 , 2008 )
- Biggest home win: 7-0 against NSÍ Runavík (October 7, 1995)
- Biggest home defeat: 9-0 to KÍ Klaksvík (May 4, 2008), 9 to KÍ Klaksvík (August 24, 2008)
- Biggest away win: 3-1 against ÍF Fuglafjørður (July 2, 1995)
- Biggest away defeat: 0:26 against KÍ Klaksvík (April 5, 2012)
- Most goals-scored game: KÍ Klaksvík vs. FC Suðuroy 26-0 (April 5, 2012)
- Eternal table : 20th place
- VB / Sumba / Royn, but not TB Tvøroyri (Engl.)
- VB / Sumba becomes FC Suðuroy (engl.)
- FC Suðuroy bomber Jón Krosslá Poulsen moves to HB Tórshavn (English), December 19, 2010. Accessed July 18, 2011.