Grimm, the son of a miner, attended high school in Zwickau and graduated from high school in 1949 . From 1950 to 1954 he studied law at the Karl Marx University in Leipzig (KMU). In 1952 he became a member of the SED. In 1954 he passed his state examination in law. Afterwards he worked as an assistant or lecturer for criminal law and criminal proceedings at the SME. From 1958 he was personal assistant to the mayor of Leipzig and then from 1961 to 1965 Secretary of the City Council of Leipzig. In 1963 he received his doctorate as Dr. jur.
Grimm was Mayor of Altenburg from 1965 to 1970 . From 1970 to 1977 he was First Deputy Lord Mayor of Leipzig and then from September 9, 1977 to May 23, 1984, Lord Mayor of Schwerin . In 1976 he attended the party college.
From 1967 to 1981 Grimm was the successor candidate of the People's Chamber .
- Patriotic Order of Merit in Bronze (1968)
- The further development of voluntary work in the comprehensive development of socialism in the German Democratic Republic: Depicted in the work of the permanent culture commission of the Leipzig city council. Leipzig, Jur. F., Diss. April 8, 1963
- Günther Buch: Names and dates of important people in the GDR. 4th, revised and expanded edition. Dietz, Berlin (West) / Bonn 1987, ISBN 3-8012-0121-X , p. 94.
- Gabriele Baumgartner, Dieter Hebig (Hrsg.): Biographisches Handbuch der SBZ / DDR. 1945–1990. Volume 1: Abendroth - Lyr. KG Saur, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-598-11176-2 , p. 245.
- Literature by and about Frank Grimm in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature about Frank Grimm in the state bibliography MV
- Portrait photo Grimms on the website of the city of Schwerin
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SED), Mayor of Schwerin|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 25, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reinsdorf (Saxony)|