Gustavo Rojo was born on board the German freighter Crefeld en route from Lisbon to Montevideo and is a son of the famous Spanish writer Mercedes Pinto . He made his acting debut at the age of 20 in Mexico in the film Mis hijos (1944).
He played his first of many international roles in Tarzan and the Mermaids ( Tarzan and the Mermaids ) (1948) alongside Johnny Weissmuller . Many other film works in Mexico (inter alia with director Luis Buñuel ) and Spain followed, and he also appeared in the monumental film Alexander the Great (1956) alongside Richard Burton , in The Fiancee of Death (1957) with Hans Albers , Operation Tiger ( 1957) with the young Sean Connery and Hollywood productions with Glenn Ford ( A Great Number , 1960) or Roger Moore ( The Madonna with Two Faces , 1959).
His marriage to the Austrian Erika Remberg brought him to German film. Rojo has appeared in Dr. Mabuse films, crime novels, and even homeland films. For his participation in the Karl May films Old Shatterhand , The Treasure of the Aztecs , The Pyramid of the Sun God , Durchs Wilde Kurdistan and In the Reiche of the Silver Lion as well as the embodiment of " Winnetou " at the Karl May performances in the Berlin Deutschlandhalle In 1966 and 1968 Gustavo Rojo received the “ Scharlih ” award donated by the Karl May Museum in 2004 .
In 1969 he starred in The Valley of Gwangi ( Gwangi's Revenge ), one of the best works by animation specialist Ray Harryhausen . In the early 1970s, Gustavo Rojo returned to Mexico, where he regularly appeared in films, television series and theater work. In 2007 he played in the successful telenovela Destilando amor .
His daughter Ana Patricia Rojo is a successful actress.
- 1939: Ahora seremos felices
- 1948: Tarzan and the Mermaids
- 1949: The great bon vivant (El gran calavera)
- 1954: Uprising in the island paradise (La principessa delle canarie)
- 1956: Alexander the Great (Alexander the Great)
- 1957: The betrothed of death (I fidanzati della morte)
- 1957: Operation Tiger (Action of the Tiger)
- 1959: It Started With a Kiss
- 1959: The Madonna with the Two Faces (The Miracle)
- 1960: Love at Königssee is beautiful
- 1961: Schlagerrevue 1962
- 1963: The Iron Capitano (Il capitano di ferro)
- 1963: Murder in Rio
- 1963: The boss doesn't want any witnesses
- 1963: Old Shatterhand
- 1964: The death rays of Dr. Mabuse
- 1964: The crime museum: Dr. W.
- 1965: Through wild Kurdistan
- 1965: In the realm of the silver lion
- 1965: Come with me to the blue Adriatic
- 1965: The Marquis - the man who wanted to sell himself (El marques)
- 1965: The Aztec Treasure
- 1965: The pyramid of the sun god
- 1966: The witch without a broom (Una bruja sin escoba)
- 1966: Joe Navidad
- 1966: The man who came from the north (Frontera al sur)
- 1966: Women Who Go Through Hell (Las siete magníficas)
- 1966: Keep your hands off the doll (Per un pugno di canzoni)
- 1966: Mountains (Mestizo)
- 1967: The Dangerous Adventures of Jerry Parker (The Fickle Finger of Fate)
- 1967: Mister Dynamit - Tomorrow death will kiss you
- 1967: The Revenge of Pancho Villa (Lot 7 de Pancho Villa)
- 1968: Two sizes too big (Un dollaro per 7 vigliacchi)
- 1968: Gwangi's Revenge (The Valley of Gwangi)
- 1969: Go to Hell, Gringo (Land Raiders)
- 1969: Around them was the breath of death (Los desesperados)
- 1970: The vengeance of Pancho Villa
- 1970: El Condor
- 1972: Hermanos de sangre
- 1974: Gracia y el forastero
- 1975: Divorcio a la andaluza
- 1976: El látigo
- 1977: Cuando tejen las arañas Solicito marido para engañar
- 1980: Reventon en Acapulco
- 1981: La golfa del barrio
- 1986: De puro relajo
- 2007: Destilando amor (Telenovela)
- 2013: Criósfera (Telenovela)
- Reiner Boller: Adventure from Tarzan to Winnetou. (Biography), Marheinecke Verlag, May 2009, ISBN 978-3-932053-67-2 .
- Jorge Rodarte: Don Gustavo Rojo muere a los 93 años de edad. In: debate.com.mx. April 22, 2017. Retrieved April 23, 2017 (Spanish).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Uruguayan actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 5, 1923|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||on the Atlantic Ocean|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 22, 2017|
|Place of death||Mexico City , Mexico|