Museum presentation of industrial history
Industrial history is a sub-area of the history of technology , so that technology museums in general consistently present a department, or at least exhibits from industrial history and industrialization. Even the mining is closely linked to the development of heavy industries connected - mining museums are to be regarded consistently as an industrial museum, if they are not confined to explicitly pre-industrial issues (about ancient mining sites).
Industrial museums often illustrate industrial history with the help of exhibits that come from local companies, often with their direct support. In addition, industrial monuments that form an ensemble monument can of course be viewed on site.
- Bavarian Textile and Industry Museum in Augsburg
- Mining and Industry Museum of Eastern Bavaria in Theuern (municipality of Kümmersbruck )
- Industriemuseum Kupfermühle shows the Crusauer copper and brass factory
- European industrial museum for porcelain in the Porzellanikon in Selb
- Hoesch Museum in Dortmund
- Industrial paint museum in Dortmund
- Industrial Museum Brandenburg an der Havel in Brandenburg an der Havel
- Chemnitz Industrial Museum in Chemnitz
- Elmshorn Industrial Museum in Elmshorn
- Freudenthaler Sensenhammer Industrial Museum
- Grossauheim Museum
- Trade and Industry Museum (Hanover)
- Henrichshütte Industrial Museum in Hattingen
- Howaldtsche Metallgiesserei industrial museum on the Kiel Fjord
- Industrial museum in Lauf an der Pegnitz
- Lohne Industrial Museum in Lohne (Oldenburg)
- LVR-Industriemuseum , decentralized museum with six locations in the Rhineland
- LWL-Industriemuseum , decentralized museum with eight locations in Westphalia and Lippe . The head office is located in the Zeche Zollern in Dortmund .
- Machine Museum Kiel-Wik in Kiel
- Museum of Industrial Culture in Nuremberg
- Museum of Industrial Culture in Osnabrück
- Northwest German Museum for Industrial Culture in Delmenhorst
- Saxon Industrial Museum, decentralized museum with five locations in Saxony
- City and Industry Museum Rüsselsheim in Rüsselsheim
- Oldisleben sugar factory in Oldisleben
- Industrial District Museum in Wiener Neustadt
- Wattens Museum on Industry and Prehistory in Wattens
- Technical Museum in Vienna
- SEKA in Kocaeli
- Industrial Heritage Route
- Route of industrial culture Rhine-Main
- European Route of Industrial Heritage
- Stefan Brüggerhoff, Michael Farrenkopf, Wilhelm Geerlings (eds.): Mining and industrial history. Documentation and research industrial archeology and museum . Festschrift for Rainer Slotta for his 60th birthday. Schöningh, Paderborn et al. 2006, ISBN 3-506-71365-5 ( web link , Association of Friends of Art and Culture eV, Bochum [accessed on January 28, 2009]).
- Thomas Parent: Work and Everyday Life: On the History and Concept of Industrial Museums . In: Leaves for the history of technology . tape 69/70 , 2008, ISSN 0067-9127 , p. 55-72 .
- Technical collections and museums. In: Regensburg Association Classification ZG.8930. Library Service Center Baden-Württemberg (BSZ), accessed on January 28, 2009 (list of publications on the subject).