The native Portuguese moved to Lübeck with his family . There he passed his Abitur in 1988 at the Katharineum in Lübeck . Already during his school days he was active as an amateur filmmaker and from 1982 to 1990 belonged to an amateur film club in Lübeck. After graduating from high school, he studied at the Munich Film School . The film Nana (1995), which he shot for ARD, was his thesis. Alexandre lives in Eversen-Heide , about 15 kilometers southwest of Hamburg .
Alexandre is best known for his often multi-part television films, including Die Frau vom Checkpoint Charlie (2007) and Fateful Years (2011). His film Greetings from Kashmir (2004) was awarded the Adolf Grimme Prize in 2005. The jury's reasoning stated: “With 'Greetings from Kashmir' we have succeeded in making the current issue of terrorism, which co-determines political reality, personal in a haunting way: The individual protagonists do not lose their own responsibility for their actions dismiss; a superficial assignment of blame is avoided, terrorism is not glossed over. "
Since 2012, Alexandre has also been responsible for the image design for many of his directing work.
- 1989: light in the night
- 1995: Nana (director)
- 2000: Gran Paradiso (director)
- 2000: Tatort - The Little Witness (Director)
- 2001: Guardian Angels Wanted (Director)
- 2002: The Secret of Life (script and direction)
- 2004: Greetings from Kashmir (Director)
- 2005: The man next door lives! (Director)
- 2005: The Thief and the General (Director)
- 2006: Störtebeker (director)
- 2007: The Woman from Checkpoint Charlie (two-parter; director)
- 2007: The Death of My Sister (Director)
- 2008: The Godmother - No Way Back (three-part series; director)
- 2008: The Lawyers (TV series, pilot episode; director)
- 2009: Children of the Storm (Director)
- 2009: A Question of Trust (Director)
- 2011: Fateful Years (two-parter; director)
- 2011: The man with the bassoon (two-parter; script and direction)
- 2012: Tatort - Images of Death (written and directed)
- 2013: Tatort - Truth dies first (director and camera)
- 2013: A Fateful Night (director and camera)
- 2015: Starfighter - They Wanted to Take to the Skies (Director)
- 2016: Commissioner Lucas - Guilty (director and camera)
- 2017: In Truth: Mord am Engelsgraben (director and camera)
- 2017: Arthur & Claire (Director)
- 2018: The Assassination (two-parter; director and camera)
- 2019: In truth: the lake rests still (director, screenplay and camera)
- 2005: Adolf Grimme Prize for greetings from Kashmir
- 2012: German television award in the category best multi-part for The man with the bassoon
- 2018: Hessian Film Award in the Feature Film category for Arthur & Claire
- Miguel Alexandre in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Miguel Alexandre at filmportal.de
- Biography at prisma.de
- Miguel Alexandre on the website of his agency "Above the Line"
- Information about his agency, cf. Web links.
- Reasons given by the jury ( Memento of the original from November 21, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. for the award ceremony of the Grimme Prize 2005
- Tilmann P. Gangloff : The light master. In: Tagesspiegel.de. August 29, 2015, accessed November 9, 2018 .
- Prize Winner Hessian Film and Cinema Prize 2018 . Retrieved October 13, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German - Portuguese director , screenwriter and cameraman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 21, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Faro , Portugal|