City of Kalkar
|Height :||approx. 50 m|
|Area :||6.5 km²|
|Residents :||342 (Dec. 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||53 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st July 1969|
|Postal code :||47546|
|Area code :||02824|
Neulouisendorf is a district of the city of Kalkar in the Kleve district ( North Rhine-Westphalia ) to the left of the Lower Rhine . It belongs to the so-called Palatinate Language Island on the Lower Rhine .
Neulouisendorf was established in 1827, initially with 150 settlement farms, on the orders of the Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm III. as a branch settlement for migrants from the Electoral Palatinate . Because of their Protestant faith, they had left their home in the Hunsrück or the Nahe in 1741 to emigrate to Pennsylvania ( USA ). Because they could not prove any paid ship passage at the Dutch border, they got stuck in the border area. The settlement areas between Goch , Kleve and Kalkar - first Pfalzdorf , then Louisendorf and finally Neulouisendorf - still form the aforementioned Palatinate language island today.
On July 1, 1969, Neulouisendorf was incorporated into Kalkar.
Sights and culture
- Neo-Gothic church with rectangular choir consecrated in 1898 (monument number 16)
- Neulouisendorfer Mühle , former tower windmill converted into a residential building (monument number 5)
- House Neulouisendorfer Straße 48 (monument number 198)
Economy and Infrastructure
In mid-2005 Neulouisendorf had 302 inhabitants. The district is characterized by agriculture . The townscape is determined by individual farms that are surrounded by orchards and smaller grassland areas and are located in the middle of extensive arable land.
- Werner Kock: 150 years of Neulouisendorf. 1832-1982 . Documentation from the Kalkar City Archives. Ed .: City of Kalkar. Kalkar 1982.
- Neulouisendorf on the website of the city of Kalkar
- City portrait. City of Kalkar, accessed October 27, 2019 .
- Neulouisendorf ( Memento from December 13, 2007 in the Internet Archive ).
- Martin Bünermann: The communities of the first reorganization program in North Rhine-Westphalia . Deutscher Gemeindeverlag, Cologne 1970, p. 79 .
- No. 141 Evangelical Church Kalkar-Neulouisendorf , on uni-duisburg-essen.de, accessed on June 16, 2016.