Nonndorf near Gars
Nonndorf bei Gars (village)
cadastral community Nondorf bei Gars
|Pole. District , state||Horn (HO), Lower Austria|
|Pole. local community||Gars am Kamp|
|Residents of the village||74 (January 1, 2020)|
|Area d. KG||4.77 km²|
|Cadastral parish number||10045|
|Counting district / district||Nonndorf near Gars (31106 003)|
Church and community center in Nonndorf near Gars
|Source: STAT : index of places ; BEV : GEONAM ; NÖGIS|
The place is located on the south-eastern edge of the Horner Basin, east of Gars am Kamp . The altitude in the town center is 288 meters. The area of the cadastral community covers 4.77 km². The population is 90 (as of 2001). Until the middle of the 20th century, the official spelling of the place name was Nondorf bei Gars . While the place is written today Nonndorf bei Gars , the cadastral community is still called Nondorf bei Gars .
Several postcodes are used in the market town of Gars am Kamp . Nonndorf has the postcode number 3571.
In 1938 the previously independent municipality was attached to the municipality of Gars , and in 1945 it became independent again. In 1971 it became part of the market town of Gars am Kamp as part of the amalgamation of the municipalities .
Culture and sights
Economy and Infrastructure
The place is not connected to public transport . The closest ÖBB train station is Gars-Thunau . Since 1995, the Garser Bus , an initiative of the business association "Gars Innovativ", has been going to Nonndorf bei Gars, all other districts and other places in the area on Tuesdays and Fridays, in order to make purchases for people who do not own a car and have no access to public transport and to enable errands in Gars am Kamp.
- Edith Blaschitz u. a .: Nonndorf. Review - insights - prospects. Weitra 2010. ISBN 978-3-900000-28-8
- Julius Kiennast: Chronicle of the market Gars in Lower Austria. Horn 1920, pp. 143-144.
- Historisches Ortlexikon Niederösterreich ( Memento of the original dated November 5, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1.2 MB), part 2, p. 41.
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. Horn district. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Article on the Garser bus in the magazine "Raum und Ord" of the Lower Austrian state government (PDF; 14 kB)