cadastral community Maiersch
|Pole. District , state||Horn (HO), Lower Austria|
|Pole. local community||Gars am Kamp|
|Residents of the village||125 (January 1, 2020)|
|Area d. KG||7.54 km²|
|Cadastral parish number||10035|
|Counting district / district||Maiersch (31106 004)|
Village green with village stream and local chapel of Maiersch
|Source: STAT : index of places ; BEV : GEONAM ; NÖGIS|
The place is on the southeastern edge of the Horner Basin 5 km southeast of Gars am Kamp . The altitude in the center of the village is 264 meters. The area of the cadastral community covers 7.54 km². The population is 120 (as of 2001).
Several postcodes are used in the market town of Gars am Kamp . Maiersch has the postcode number 3571.
In 1938 the previously independent municipality was attached to the municipality of Gars , and in 1945 it became independent again. In 1971 it became part of the market town of Gars am Kamp as part of the amalgamation of the municipalities .
Culture and sights
Economy and Infrastructure
The place is not connected to public transport . The closest ÖBB train stations are Gars-Thunau and Plank am Kamp. Since 1995, the Garser Bus, an initiative of the Gars Innovativ business association, has been going to all other districts and other places in the area on Tuesdays and Fridays to help people who do not own a car and do not have access to public transport, shopping and errands in Gars to enable am Kamp.
- Julius Kiennast: Chronicle of the market Gars in Lower Austria. Horn 1920, pp. 141-142.
- Bettina Weißkopf: 900 years of Maiersch. On the history of a cadastral community in the market town of Gars am Kamp. In: Das Waldviertel 51st vol., H. 4 (2002), pp. 397-404.
- Bettina Weisskopf: The 1st steam dairy in Lower Austria in Maiersch, market town of Gars am Kamp. In: Das Waldviertel, Vol. 50, No. 1 (2001), pp. 44–47.
- Website of the market town of Gars am Kamp
- Literature about Maiersch in the Lower Austrian State Library
- Entry about Burg Maiersch on Lower Austria Burgen online - Institute for Reality Studies of the Middle Ages and Early Modern Times, University of Salzburg
- Historisches Ortlexikon Niederösterreich ( Memento of the original dated November 5, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 1.2 MB), part 2, p. 41.
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. Horn district. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Article on the Garser bus in the magazine "Raum und Ord" of the Lower Austrian state government (PDF; 14 kB)