cadastral community Zitternberg
|Pole. District , state||Horn (HO), Lower Austria|
|Pole. local community||Gars am Kamp|
|Residents of the village||261 (January 1, 2020)|
|Area d. KG||1.6 km²|
|Cadastral parish number||10071|
|Counting district / district||Zitternberg (31106 006)|
View of Zitternberg, picture postcard around 1910
|Source: STAT : index of places ; BEV : GEONAM ; NÖGIS|
The place is located in the Kamptal and a small valley leading to the Kamp between Gars am Kamp and Buchberg am Kamp . The altitude in the town center is 270 meters. The area of the cadastral community covers 2.6 km².
Several postcodes are used in the market town of Gars am Kamp . Zitternberg has the postcode number 3571.
The place was only founded in 1587. With the commissioning of the Kamptalbahn , Zitternberg developed into a little summer resort . After 1945 the place could no longer follow the tradition of the summer resort. Changed travel habits, but also the construction of the Kamptal reservoirs, which led to a sharp drop in temperature in the Kamp, which is lined with numerous bathing establishments, deprived tourism in the Kamptal of its most important foundations. In 1938 the previously independent municipality was attached to the municipality of Gars , and in 1945 it became independent again. In 1971 it became part of the market town of Gars am Kamp as part of the amalgamation of the municipalities . In 2017, the Zitternberg Beautification Association published the home book “Zitternberg. Searching for traces in the Kamptal ”.
Economy and Infrastructure
Today the Häusermann company is located on the site of the Zitternberg needle factory .
- Zitternberg volunteer fire department
Dialogue in the Kamptal
This non-partisan platform was founded in 2019 by Georgia Kazantzidu and Matthias Laurenz Gräff as a private initiative for political communication and participation in Atelier Gräff and is in the tradition of a literary salon . The current events serve to provide information, exchange and dialogue on relevant political and social issues. Participants were people such as politician Hannes Swoboda , Ambassador Wolfgang Petritsch and physicist Werner Gruber .
Zitternberg is on the Kamptalstraße (B34), the Kamptalbahn is on the opposite bank of the Kamp. The ÖBB do not operate its own stop. The closest stations are the Gars-Thunau train station and the Buchberg / Kamp stop on demand . The PostBus bus company drives to the Zitternberg local access and Zitternberg fire brigade stops on line 1310 ( Horn - St. Leonhard am Hornerwald ). Two cycle paths, the Kamp-Thaya-March cycle route and the Kamptalweg , lead through Zitternberg. Since 1995, the Garser Bus , an initiative of the business association "Gars Innovativ", has been going to Zitternberg, all other districts and other places in the area on Tuesdays and Fridays to help people who do not own a car and have no connection to public transport, go shopping and get things done in Gars am Kamp.
- Savio Verra (* 1969), visual artist, was born in Nußdorf-Debant (East Tyrol).
- Matthias Laurenz Gräff (* 1984), visual artist, was born in Horn.
- Julius Kiennast: Chronicle of the market Gars in Lower Austria. Horn 1920, p. 151.
- Gertrud Moßler: Early historical finds from Zitternberg am Kamp. In: Unser Heimat, H. 18 (1947), pp. 130–132.
- Christine Steininger and Bernhard Grünsteidl: “Zitternberg. Searching for traces in the Kamptal ”(Beautification Association Zitternberg 2017). Illustrations, facsimiles, cards. ISBN 978-3-85028-801-9 .
- statistik.at , accessed on July 13, 2014
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Historisches Ortlexikon Niederösterreich ( Memento from November 5, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 1.2 MB), Part 2, p. 42.
- Susanne Hawlik: Summer vacation in the Kamptal. The magic of a river landscape. Vienna-Cologne-Weimar 1995. ISBN 978-3-205-98315-6 .
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. Horn district. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Dialogue in the Kamptal
- Article on the Garser bus in the magazine "Raum undordnung" of the Lower Austrian state government (PDF; 14 kB)
- Savio Verra
- Matthias Laurenz Gräff