|coat of arms||Austria map|
|State :||Lower Austria|
|Political District :||to bathe|
|License plate :||BN|
|Residents :||1,060 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||2504|
|Area code :||02252|
|Community code :||3 06 35|
|Address of the
|Mayoress :||Helene Schwarz ( ÖVP )|
Municipal Council : ( 2020 )
|Location of Sooss in the Baden district|
Sooss in the foreground, the Martinek barracks complex in the center of the picture and Baden near Vienna in the background
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Sooss is located in the thermal region of Lower Austria on the edge of the Alps against the Vienna Basin . North of Sooss lies Baden near Vienna , south of Bad Vöslau . The area of the market town covers 5.48 km². 50.98% of the area is forested.
There are no other cadastral communities .
In ancient times the area was part of the province of Pannonia .
Source: Sooss population development. (PDF) Statistics Austria
The mayor of the market town is Helene Schwarz, the deputy mayor is Peter Koternetz, and the official head is Eveline Spreitzer.
In the market town council there after the local elections of 25 January 2015 on a total of 19 seats following distribution of seats: List ÖVP 8, SPO 2, Bürgerliste proSOOSS 8, party free (former ÖVP) 1
Economy and Infrastructure
In 2001 there were 70 non-agricultural workplaces; according to the 1999 survey, there were 67 agricultural and forestry holdings. According to the 2001 census, 520 people were employed at the place of residence. The employment rate in 2001 was 49.22%. On average in 2003 there were 34 unemployed people in the area.
Culture and sights
Roman Catholic Parish church hl. Anna
- The late Gothic choir tower church was built in the 15th century and changed during the baroque period. It is located in the north of the village in an open field, in the middle of the walled cemetery, surrounded by a ditch in the north, east and west. The church was elevated to a parish church in 1783 ; previously Sooss belonged to the parish of Baden .
- Otto Fleischmann: 750 years of Sooß . Festschrift for the market survey 1957. Self-published, Sooß 1957.
- 30635 - Sooss. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Website of the municipality of Sooss
- Karl Maurovitsch: Chronicle of the market town of Sooss
- Election results for the 2015 municipal council elections in Sooß. Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, December 1, 2015, accessed on February 28, 2019 .