Ostwind tariff association
The Ostwind tariff association is the largest tariff association in Switzerland in terms of area . It is a product of the collaboration between the cantons of Appenzell Ausserrhoden , Appenzell Innerrhoden , Glarus , Schaffhausen , Schwyz , St. Gallen , Thurgau and the transport companies involved with a route network of 4000 km. Rail transport in the tariff association is operated by the Appenzeller Bahnen (AB), the Frauenfeld-Wil-Bahn (FW), the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), the Swiss Southeast Railway (SOB) and the Thurbo regional railway. Ostwind is managed by an independent office.
The so-called zone tariff has been in effect across the entire area of the tariff association since 2009. Since then, travelers no longer buy tickets from place to place, but rather the zones traveled through between and including the place of departure and destination. The ticket is valid for trains and buses within the zones.
With the timetable change in 2017, the Schaffhausen tariff association , which had existed since 1988, was integrated into the Ostwind tariff association, whereby the network area was also expanded to include the canton of Schaffhausen and the German municipality of Büsingen on the Upper Rhine and the cross-border bus route via the German district of Randegg .
The following companies are involved in the Ostwind tariff association:
- Appenzell Railways
- Car company Weesen-Amden
- Autokurse Oberthurgau AG
- Bus service Lichtensteig – Wattwil – Ebnat-Kappel
- BUS Sarganserland Werdenberg AG
- DB Regio
- Frauenfeld-Wil Railway
- Unterterzen-Tannenbodenalp AG cable car
- PostBus Switzerland AG
- Regiobus AG
- Regional transport company Schaffhausen RVSH "SchaffhausenBus"
- Rheintal Bus AG
- Swiss Bodensee-Schiffahrtsgesellschaft AG
- Ship operation Walensee AG
- Schneider bus operations (Rapperswil-Eschenbach-Rüti)
- Swiss Federal Railways
- Swiss shipping company Untersee and Rhein
- Swiss Südostbahn AG
- Seebus transport company
- City bus Chur
- Frauenfeld city bus
- City bus Kreuzlingen
- THURBO AG
- Verkehrsbetriebe Schaffhausen vbsh
- Herisau transport company
- Mühleggbahn St. Gallen
- St. Gallen public transport company
- Transport companies Lake Zurich and Oberland
- WilMobil AG
- Autobetrieb Sernftal AG
- Braunwald-Standseilbahn AG
- Schaffhauser Flextax is integrated into the Ostwind tariff association. In: Top Online. Radio Top and Tele Top , July 12, 2016, accessed February 1, 2017 .