Hitschler grew up in Herxheimweyher in a social democratic family and received the Abitur at the Eduard Spranger Gymnasium in Landau . He then studied political science , public law and economic and social history, first in Würzburg and then in Mannheim , where he received the degree of Magister Artium in political science.
During his studies, Hitschler worked as an assistant in the research group Wahlen . He then worked in the local government of Landau, where he became the personal assistant to Landau's Lord Mayor Hans-Dieter Schlimmer . From 2010 to 2013, Hitschler was head of the “ Point of Single Contact ” department, which supports companies in the start-up phase. At the same time, Hitschler worked as a personal advisor to the President of the Structure and Approval Directorate South in Neustadt an der Weinstrasse . Hitschler was local council member in Herxheim and there chairman of the SPD parliamentary group. He is chairman of the SPD sub-district of Southern Palatinate. Since the 2014 local elections , he has been a member of the Southern Wine Road District Council.
Hitschler was a board member of Netzwerk Berlin , co-editor of the magazine Berliner Republik and deputy chairman of the association of the same name. From 2015 to 2020 he was a member of the control commission of the SPD . In July 2016, Hitschler was elected to the district executive committee of the AWO Pfalz. In June 2018, the SPD party executive appointed Thomas Hitschler as the Federal Party's Commissioner for the Bundeswehr. Hitschler is a member of the non-partisan European Union Germany , which claims to be committed to a federal Europe and the European unification process.
Hitschler lives with his wife in Hainfeld (Palatinate) .
In the 2013 federal election he was defeated as a direct candidate in constituency 212 (southern Palatinate) with 28.0 percent of the votes to the mandate holder Thomas Gebhart ( CDU , 48.8%). Hitschler entered the 18th German Bundestag via the Rhineland-Palatinate SPD state list (6th place). There he is a full member of the Defense Committee , the Subcommittee "Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation", a deputy member of the Committee on Transport and Digital Infrastructure and the Committee on Food and Agriculture, and Secretary .
In the 2017 federal election , Hitschler entered the 19th Bundestag . He is still a full member of the Defense Committee, and an alternate member of the Transport and Digital Infrastructure Committee. In addition, Hitschler became a full member of the Parliamentary Control Committee and the Committee on Home Affairs and Homeland in the 19th legislative period . Hitschler was elected by the SPD parliamentary group as deputy defense policy spokesman and as a member of the extended parliamentary group executive committee.
In January 2019, the Rhineland-Palatinate regional group elected Hitschler as spokesman.
Together with 13 other members of the SPD parliamentary group, Hitschler voted in the Bundestag against Alexander Dobrindt's plan to introduce a car toll , because his demands had not been met and he therefore saw them as harmful to the people in his constituency.
During the refugee crisis, the group wrote a joint letter to Chancellor Angela Merkel in January 2016 . It calls on the Chancellor to adhere to a humanitarian and European course and to use her policy competence against cross shots from her own camp.
In the Syria crisis, Hitschler was one of the first MPs to speak out in favor of supporting allies in air strikes against the Islamic State . He criticized Russia for bombing targets other than ISIS.
Hitschler firmly rejected attempts by the CDU to deploy the Bundeswehr domestically in the future. Soldiers are not auxiliary police officers. The proposal does not contribute to security, does not save money and is not coordinated with the SPD .
As a member of the Berlin network authored Hitschler a position paper in which an " inquiry -Commission for the further development of parliamentary democracy in Germany" is required. Among other things, the number of MPs, the structure of the question time, the presence in the plenary, changes in the immunity of parliamentarians and the right to vote are discussed.
- Thomas Hitschler elected as the new chairman of the SPD Südpfalz. In: SPD sub-district Südpfalz (website), March 14, 2010.
- Provisional allocation of seats in the district council Südliche Weinstrasse 2014. ( Memento from July 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) In: Suedliche-Weinstrasse.de , May 26, 2014.
- Profile Thomas Hitschler Member of the Bundestag. ( Memento from February 22, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) In: Netzwerk Berlin (website).
- Hitschler elected to the board of the AWO Pfalz. Retrieved July 28, 2016 .
- South Palatinate Hitschler SPD commissioner for the Bundeswehr . In: The Rhine Palatinate . June 26, 2018 ( rheinpfalz.de ).
- Thomas Hitschler. In: Website of the Europa-Union Germany. Retrieved August 19, 2020 .
- Thomas Hitschler. Candidate Bundestag election 2013. In: Abhabenwatch.de .
- Members of the Defense Committee - 18th Bundestag ( Memento from May 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Bundestag , online, accessed on September 18, 2014
- Members of the Subcommittee on Disarmament - 18th Bundestag ( Memento from 23 June 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Bundestag , online, accessed on 23 June 2015
- Members of the Committee on Food and Agriculture - 18th Bundestag ( Memento from April 27, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Bundestag , online, accessed on September 18, 2014
- Thomas Hitschler , on bundestag.de
- SPD parliamentary group elects extended parliamentary group board, on spdfraktion.de
- Thomas Hitschler new head of the Rhineland-Palatinate regional group in the SPD parliamentary group , on spd-landesgruppe-rlp.de
- Matthias Kammann, Daniel Friedrich Sturm: SPD members rebel against the car toll. In: Die Welt , March 8, 2015.
- Our requirements for a car toll ( Memento from September 3, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), PDF, on Thomas-Hitschler.de.
- Thomas Hitschler et al .: Letter dealing with the refugee situation. January 26, 2016, accessed April 26, 2016 .
- Refugees: SPD politicians demand more assertiveness from Merkel . In: The time . January 27, 2016, ISSN 0044-2070 ( zeit.de [accessed April 26, 2016]).
- SPIEGEL ONLINE, Hamburg Germany: Debate about military operations: "We have to protect the people on the ground in Syria". In: SPIEGEL ONLINE. Retrieved June 28, 2016 .
- Outrage over Vladimir Putin's bomb attacks in Syria. Retrieved June 28, 2016 .
- Air strikes: Russia and the USA discuss how to proceed in Syria . In: The time . October 2, 2015, ISSN 0044-2070 ( zeit.de [accessed June 28, 2016]).
- Daniel Friedrich Sturm: SPD leaders reject deployment of the Bundeswehr in Germany . In: Welt Online . April 12, 2016 ( welt.de [accessed June 28, 2016]).
- tagesschau.de: Debate on Bundeswehr: Targeted Indiscretion? In: tagesschau.de. Retrieved June 28, 2016 .
- SPD MPs want a commission of inquiry on parliamentary reform. Retrieved July 4, 2016 .
- Politics compact. Retrieved July 4, 2016 .
- MPs complain about "unsatisfactory everyday life". Retrieved July 4, 2016 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 22, 1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Landau|