|Full name||Rayford Trae Young|
|birthday||19th September 1998 (age 21)|
|place of birth||Lubbock , Texas , United States|
|High school||Norman North High School, Oklahoma|
|NBA draft||2018 , 5th pick , Dallas Mavericks|
|Clubs as active|
Young, whose father Rayford played as a basketball player for the Texas Tech University team, recorded an exceptionally high average of 42.6 per game during his senior year at Norman North High School, Oklahoma , plus he came per Played on 5.8 rebounds and gave 4.1 assists per game. He was named the best high school basketball player in the state of Oklahoma in 2016 and 2017.
After finishing school, he decided to move to the University of Oklahoma , where he made a name for himself in his first and only year of play with outstanding statistical values: Young led the first division of the NCAA as a freshman during the 2017/18 season in the ever game scored points (27.4) and basket assists (8.7), which no player had ever achieved before. At the same time, his number of ball losses per game (5.2) was also high. Shortly after the end of the 2017/18 game year, Young ended his university career and announced that he would continue his career as a professional basketball player. When draft process of the NBA in June 2018, he was ranked fifth by the Dallas Mavericks selected but to immediately Atlanta Hawks transferred. In return, the Mavericks received Luka Dončić , who the Hawks took third on the same evening. In addition to Young, the Hawks received from Dallas a protected first round selection right (first to fifth pick) for the 2019 NBA Draft.
Young was immediately given the place of the trunk point guard in Atlanta. On March 1, 2019, Young scored a career high of 49 points in the Hawks' 161: 168 defeat by the Chicago Bulls . He played a total of 81 games in the 2018/19 season and averaged 19.1 points and 8.1 assists in each game. At the end of the 2018/19 season, Young was unanimously elected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team .
With the U18 national team of the United States, he won the American Championship in 2016.
Achievements and Awards
|GP||Matches played (Games Played)||GS||Games from the beginning (Games started)||MPG||Graduated minutes per game (Minutes per game)|
|FG%||Throw rate from the field (field goal percentage)||3P%||Throwing quota three-point throws (3-point field-goal percentage)||FT%||Free throw rate (free-throw percentage)|
|RPG||Rebounds per game (rebounds per game)||APG||Assists per game (assists per game)||SPG||Steals per game (steals per game)|
|BPG||Blocks per game (blocks per game)||PPG||Points per game (points per game)||FAT||Career record|
- Trae Young was showered with 'over-rated' chants and pictures of him as a kid in loss to Texas Tech . In: SBNation.com . ( sbnation.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Trae Young Bio . In: OU Athletics . ( soonersports.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Sam Gannon & Austin Prickett: McDonald's All American Trae Young commits to OU . In: KOKH . ( okcfox.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Chris Dortch: Oklahoma freshman Trae Young brings flair and shooting to the point guard position | NBA.com . In: NBA.com . ( nba.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- 2017-18 OKLAHOMA MEN'S BASKETBALL Oklahoma Combined Team Statistics (FINAL SEASON STATS). In: soonersports.com. Accessed June 28, 2018 .
- Trae Young: Time has come for me to enter NBA draft . In: ESPN.com . ( espn.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Mavs, Hawks trade, Trae Young, Luka Doncic in draft-night deal . In: USA TODAY . ( usatoday.com [accessed June 22, 2018]).
- Atlanta Hawks send Luka Doncic to Dallas Mavericks for Trae Young, pick | NBA.com . In: NBA.com . ( nba.com [accessed June 28, 2018]).
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution JuliaKate E. Culpepper: Young gets nod as Hawks starting point guard. Retrieved March 2, 2019 .
- Young Tallies New Career-High 49 Points vs. Bulls. Retrieved March 2, 2019 .
- Trae Young. In: stats.nba.com. Accessed May 27, 2019 .
- Official release: Young, Doncic lead 2018-19 All-Rookie First Team. Accessed June 5, 2019 .
- Trae Young . ( usab.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Young, Rayford Trae (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 19, 1998|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lubbock , Texas , United States|