The UCI WorldTour has been a series of important one-day and stage races organized by the UCI World Cycling Association since 2011 .
The UCI WorldTour is the successor to the UCI ProTour, which failed due to the conflicts between the organizers of the Grand Tours Tour de France , Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España on the one hand and the UCI on the other . It combines the former ProTour races with the races of the historical calendar of the organizers opposed to ProTour, which were previously summarized temporarily in the UCI World Calendar 2009 and 2010 .
Participants are the specially licensed UCI WorldTeams . In addition, UCI ProTeams (until 2019: UCI Professional Continental Teams ) can be invited by the respective race organizer. A national team from the host country is also entitled to participate in individual races.
Under the UCI WorldTour, continental racing series, the UCI Continental Circuits and, from the 2020 season, the UCI ProSeries are held.
Until a reform at the start of the 2015 season, annual rankings were created for drivers, teams and nations. With the start of the 2015 season, the WorldTour rankings for drivers and nations were to be replaced by corresponding world rankings . A team rating should remain, which should be calculated from the results of the three drivers with the highest points in each competition - including the points for stage results, guided tours, mountain and point ratings. The point scale should correspond to that of the world rankings. Teams that place in the top ten in the UCI Road World Championships team time trial should receive an additional 400 to 600 points. After protests by the teams, this rule change was suspended for 2015. Similar regulations were then introduced for the UCI WorldTour 2017 . With effect from the UCI WorldTour 2019 , the WorldTour annual ratings have been discontinued.
- Winner UCI ProTour, UCI World Calendar and UCI WorldTour
- Official website (English, French)
- UCI regulations for road cycling, there in particular: 2.15.001ff (English)
References and comments
- ↑ UCI WorldTour launched. cycling-news.com, October 1, 2010, accessed January 25, 2015 .
- ↑ UCI Cycling Regulations - Part 2 Road Races - Version on 05.02.2019. In: uci.org. Accessed May 10, 2019 .
- ↑ Part 2-Road races amendments to regulations with effect on 01.01.2015. (pdf) uci.ch, accessed on January 8, 2015 (English).
- ↑ UCI reforms the point system. rad-net.de, January 8, 2015, accessed January 8, 2015 .
- ↑ On the rules of previous years cf. the corresponding annual article, z. B. UCI WorldTour 2014 # ratings .
- ↑ UCI op vingers gotikt door wielerploegen. nos.nl, January 9, 2015, accessed January 25, 2015 (Dutch).
- ↑ UCI Cycling Regulations - Part II: Road Races - Version on 01/24/2015. (PDF) uci.ch, January 24, 2015, accessed on January 25, 2015 (English).
- ↑ UCI back tracks on ranking and points system for 2015. cyclingnews.com, January 25, 2015, accessed on January 25, 2015 .
- ↑ UCI Rules - Part II - Road Races Amendments to regulations as from 01.01.2017, 2.10.032ff. (PDF) uci.ch, December 22, 2016, accessed on December 22, 2016 (English).
- ^ Union Cycliste Internationale. In: uci.org. September 26, 2018, accessed September 27, 2018 .