|Molecular formula||C 9 H 12 N 2 O 6|
colorless, prismatic needles
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||244.20 g mol −1|
165-168 ° C
soluble in water, insoluble in diethyl ether
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions .|
Uridine ( U ) is a nucleoside and consists of the nucleobase uracil and the sugar β- D- ribose .
Uridine is part of ribonucleic acid (RNA) and forms a base pair there with adenosine .
In the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), however, only deoxythymidine occurs (see genetic code ). Another analogue with deoxyribose is deoxyuridine .
- 5-methyluridine (= ribothymidine)
- ↑ Entry on URIDINE in the CosIng database of the EU Commission, accessed on May 7, 2020.
- ↑ a b c Entry on uridine. In: Römpp Online . Georg Thieme Verlag, accessed on October 26, 2014.
- ↑ Data sheet Uridine, ≥99% from Sigma-Aldrich , accessed on February 24, 2013 ( PDF ).
- ↑ Entry on uridine in the ChemIDplus database of the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) .
Wikibooks: Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry: Pyrimidine Metabolism - Learning and Teaching Materials
Commons : Uridine - collection of pictures, videos and audio files
Commons : Uridine derivatives - collection of pictures, videos and audio files