|Weserportsee nature reserve|
|Geographical location||Bremerhaven , Bremen , Germany|
|Places on the shore||Bremerhaven|
The nature reserve is 11.8 hectares . It is entered in the nature protection book of the city of Bremen under number 15. The area has been a nature reserve since April 9, 1994. The responsible lower nature conservation authority is the municipality of Bremen.
The nature reserve is located in the east of the city of Bremen's overseas port area of Bremerhaven. It consists of the shallow lake and adjoining bank areas with ponds, ponds and wet depressions. The nature reserve borders the port area on three sides: storage areas for the car transshipment facilities in the east and south and the Kaiserhafen freight yard and other storage areas for the car transshipment facilities in the west.
The lake was created in the early 1980s through construction work in the port area. It takes its name from the former ore handling facility Weserport Umschlagsgesellschaft in the east port. The bank areas of the lake are characterized by reed beds , grasslands and natural floodplain bushes.
- List of nature reserves in the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
- List of bodies of water in the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen
- No. 15 Weserportsee , overview of nature reserves in the Bremen environmental information system, Senator for the Environment, Building and Transport
- Weserportsee , nature experience space , internet presentation of the Bremen nature conservation authority with information, detailed maps and download area for leaflets on protected areas in the state of Bremen
- Standing waters in the state of Bremen , The Senator for Building and Environment and BUND e. V., Federation for the Environment and Nature Conservation, Bremen State Association, May 2000 (PDF file, 15.2 MB)
- Lakes and other still waters in the state of Bremen, page 39 (PDF; 800 kB) , Bremen environmental information system. Retrieved January 22, 2012.