Wieser publishing house
The publishing house was founded in 1987 by Lojze Wieser , who is the owner of the publishing house to this day. From the beginning, the publisher tried to build a bridge between the German-language and Slovene- language literature in Austria. Today the focus is on literature , poetry , political essays , translations of Austrian literature and literature from Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
The authors published by Wieser include Ivo Andrić , Bogdan Bogdanović , Otto Brusatti , Adelheid Dahimène , Günther Freitag , Karl-Markus Gauß , Sabine Gruber , Peter Handke , Barbara Hundegger , Marie-Thérèse Kerschbaumer , Margret Kreidl , Egon Christian Leitner , Cvetka Lipuš , Florjan Lipuš , Lydia Mischkulnig , Barbara Neuwirth , Wolfgang Petritsch , Andreas P. Pittler , Sabine Scholl , Rolf Schwendter , Jan Skácel and Corinna Soria . In 1990 Lojze Wieser was awarded the Austrian State Prize for Publishers.
In March 2012, the publisher filed for bankruptcy ; it was possible to continue the publishing house.
In 2016, Wieser Verlag GmbH took over Drava Verlag, also based in Klagenfurt . In return, they gave 35% of their shares to the previous owners of Drava Verlag.
- Fred Breinersdorfer (Hrsg.): German yearbook for female authors 2005 | 2006 . Autorhaus Verlag, Berlin 2005, p. 911 f.
- Elisabeth Meixner (Ed.): Publishing Guide Austria . Verlag Buchkultur, Vienna 2001, p. 282 f.
- Herbert Zeman (Ed.): The 20th Century. History of literature in Austria. Volume 7, Academic Printing. u. Verlagsanstalt, Graz 1999, chapter: The Austrian literary publisher. P. 443 ff.
- Lojze Wieser: Jiří Gruša's work edition in ten volumes, Klagenfurt, 2014–2018, .
- Wieser Verlag on the Internet
- KulturKontakt Austria about Edition Zwei and Wieser ( Memento from March 4, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Wieser-Verlag Klagenfurt in bankruptcy. In: Österreichischer Rundfunk , editorial office Carinthia. Retrieved November 30, 2012 .
- Publisher Lojze Wieser had to file for bankruptcy. ( Memento from August 4, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) In: Kleine Zeitung . Carinthia.
- Carinthian Wieser Verlag in bankruptcy. Courier , accessed November 30, 2012 .
- Wieser Verlag is broke. In: Salzburger Nachrichten . Retrieved November 30, 2012 .
- Wieser-Verlag takes over Drava-Verlag from Klagenfurt. on: derstandard.at , January 13, 2016, accessed on January 14, 2016.