Arthur von Ramberg
Ramberg was the son of the Austro-Hungarian Lieutenant Field Marshal Georg von Ramberg . Father Georg and his children were raised to the hereditary Austrian baron status in Vienna on July 25, 1849 with a letter of nobility dated January 22, 1850 .
The enrollment in the Kingdom of Bavaria with the Freiherrnklasse took place after Arthur von Ramberg's death (1875) on November 29, 1878 for his widow and children.
In 1840 he went to Prague to attend the Charles University in Prague , the specialist Philosophy and next at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague painting with Franz Kadlik study (Tkadlík 1786-1840). He then became a student of Julius Huebner (1806–1882) in Dresden . There he painted, among other things: The dwarf wedding after Goethe, and Emperor Heinrich I in the fight with the Hungarians .
From 1860 to the end of 1865 he was a professor (figure painting) at the newly founded Grand Ducal Art School in Weimar . In the spring of 1866 Ramberg returned to Munich and took over the professorship at the Munich Art Academy . He always taught a small number of students there. He was trend-setting especially for the young Albert von Keller , with whom he was on friendly terms and also shared his studio.
Here, among other things, the court of Frederick II in Palermo (in the Maximilianeum), the genre pictures : Encounter on the lake , On the embroidery hoop and invitation to a boat trip and the compositions for Goethe's " Hermann and Dorothea " and Voss' "Luise" , which were created by the The delicacy and refinement of the presentation met with great approval.
- Upper Bavarian songs with their ways of singing. Collected on behalf of and with the support of His Majesty the King for the Bavarian mountain people and published by Fr. [anz] v. [On] Kobell. With pictures by A. [rthur] v. [On] Ramberg. Second edition. Munich, 1871. Woodcut and publisher by Braun & Schneider [the first edition appeared in 1860]
Together with Friedrich Pecht , von Ramberg created drawings for the
- Schiller Gallery Characters from Schiller's works. Drawn by Friedrich Pecht and Arthur von Ramberg , fifty sheets in steel engraving with explanatory texts by Friedrich Pecht F. A. Brockhaus , Leipzig 1859; online through google books
- Goethe Gallery .Characters from Goethe's works. Drawn by Friedrich Pecht and Arthur von Ramberg Characters from Goethe's works , drawn by Friedrich Pecht and Arthur von Ramberg , fifty sheets in steel engraving with explanatory texts by Friedrich Pecht FA Brockhaus, Leipzig 1859
Don Manuel from The Bride of Messina ;
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Ramberg, Arthur von . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 24th part. Imperial-Royal Court and State Printing Office, Vienna 1872, pp. 305–307 ( digitized version ).
- Hyacinth Holland : Ramberg, Arthur Freiherr von . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 27, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1888, pp. 203-205.
- G. Frodl: Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 8, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1983, ISBN 3-7001-0187-2 , p. 406. In:
- Genealogical manual of the nobility , Adelslexikon Volume XI, Volume 122 of the complete series, CA Starke Verlag, Limburg (Lahn) 2000, .
- Literature by and about Arthur von Ramberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- Goethe's “Hermann and Dorothea” in illustrations by Arthur von Ramberg
- Johann Heinrich Voss, "Luise". Illustrated by Paul Thumann and Arthur von Ramberg
|SURNAME||Ramberg, Arthur of|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ramberg, Arthur von; Ramberg, Arthur; Ramberg, Arthur Georg; Ramberg, Arthur Georg Freiherr von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian painter and draftsman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 4, 1819|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 5, 1875|
|Place of death||Munich|