Bernd Begemann is the son of a German mother and a Turkish father and was adopted by Margot and Bernhard Begemann in 1963 at the age of six months. He grew up in Bad Salzuflen and attended a school in the Lohfeld school center . During this time he made contacts with the later sound engineer Frank Werner and shortly afterwards met Frank Spilker .
Begemann and his band The Answer achieved success in 1987 when the first album was produced. Begemann used the encouragement of this band to perform together with groups from his homeland. Above all, these were the bands around the almost worldwide label, from which, among others, Blumfeld , Die Sterne and Die Braut haut im Augen emerged . He had a great influence on the Hamburg school .
Since then, his solo albums have been released regularly. He invited 1996 to the NDR in three shipments underground Stars ( Tocotronic , Free Berlin Ischen and JaKönigJa ) in his living room one ( Bernd in bathrobe ), joined the WDR telecast Kanzlerbungalow and played small roles in movies.
From 2004 to 2006 Begemann was under contract with the Hamburg label Grand Hotel van Cleef and has since been with his band Bernd Begemann and the Liberation in the line-up of Bernd Begemann (vocals, guitar), Ben Schadow (bass), Kai Dorenkamp (keyboard) and Achim Ore (drums) on the go. With his bassist Ben Schadow and the filmmaker Kay Otto, he discusses current films at irregular intervals in the Flickerfreunde podcast . In the summer of 2007, Begemann wrote some pieces for the soundtrack of Bastian Günther's TV film Autopiloten , which was shown on ARTE and 3sat .
In September 2011 the studio album Wilde Brombeeren was released on Wallpaper Records , which was largely positively received. Intro magazine praised the album as very good . In December 2015, a short list of demands followed , another album on which Paul Pötsch from the Hamburg band Trümmer can be heard as a guest singer. Begemann lives in Hamburg and is the father of the singer Belinda Marlen Frey.
- Recession, Baby (EP - 1993)
- Recession, Baby (June 18, 1993)
- As long as the lawnmowers sing (July 15, 1994)
- Sexy Sadie ( Soundtrack - 1996)
- Now You're On Talk Shows (1996)
- Say hello to hell (January 21, 2000)
- Live (September 5, 2001)
- Finally (June 23, 2003)
- This Road Doesn't Lead to My House Anymore (November 3, 2003) Bernd Begemann with Dirk Darmstaedter
- Our love is an uprising (May 3, 2004) Bernd Begemann and The Liberation
- I'll find her (October 27, 2006)
- Gloss (March 7, 2008) Bernd Begemann and The Liberation
- I declare this crisis over (October 16, 2009) Bernd Begemann and Die Befreiung
- This is how it goes every night (October 1st, 2010) Bernd Begemann & Dirk Darmstaedter
- Wild Blackberries (September 2nd, 2011) Bernd Begemann and Liberation
- A short list of demands (December 18, 2015) Bernd Begemann
- The City & the Girl (January 19, 2018) Bernd Begemann (with Kai Dorenkamp)
- The answer
- The Answer (1987)
- Tomorrow You're Sorry ( EP - 1990)
- No. 1 (1991)
- Here (1992)
- The Answer (April 20, 1998)
- Much Too Happy (To Last Long) (1994)
- Second choice twice (April 1, 1996)
- I can't get you, Katrin (2003) Finally
- Until you find the right one - take me (2003) Bernd Begemann feat. Kim Frank
- I haven't achieved anything except you (March 29, 2004) Bernd Begemann and Die Befreiung
- The new girls are here (October 2009), only digital
- This is how it works every night (October 2010), only digitally
- Arrested for sexy (November 2013), Olli Schulz and Bernd Begemann, digital only
- St. Pauli spat us out (November 2015)
- I find it hard to believe that you're shy (December 2015)
- The answer
- Down by the Harbor (1987)
- When, When, When (1987)
- They Sold It All (1990)
- My years with Elisabeth Taylor (1991)
- Oh yes / Oh no (1992)
- What is Miss June doing in December (1992)
- I shaved myself (1998)
- One Farewell Too Much (1998)
- The World Will Hear Us (2005) Bernd Begemann and Liberation
- 1996: Bernd in a bathrobe
- 2004: Stay at home in the summer
- Official website
- Works by and about Bernd Begemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Bernd Begemann at laut.de
- Jan Feddersen , Peter Unfried: "I'm the anti-tocotronic guy" , taz.de, May 15, 2008, accessed on December 29, 2019 (interview).
- Podcast "Flickerfreunde"
- Bernd Begemann at Discogs (English)
- Heike Gätjen: The woman who understands is looking for his parents. Abendblatt.de, October 16, 2009.
- Official website: biography
- Bernd Begemann: East Westphalia, almost worldwide. Der Tagesspiegel, September 17, 2004, accessed on December 29, 2019 (autobiographical article about the music scene in Bad Salzuflen and Ostwestfalen-Lippe).
- Michael Weiland: Wild blackberries . intro.de, September 2, 2010 (review) ( Memento from March 23, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Bernd Begemann & Die Befreiung "A short list of demands" / Review. (No longer available online.) In: Spex Magazin. Archived from the original on March 25, 2016 ; accessed on March 22, 2016 .
- Patrick Bahners: Album of the week Hochfahrende Tiefstapelei . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . December 28, 2015, ISSN 0174-4909 ( faz.net [accessed March 22, 2016]).
- Jan Feddersen , Peter Unfried: "I am the anti-Tocotronic type" , taz.de, May 15, 2008, accessed on December 28, 2019 (interview).
- Belinda Marlen Frey / Belinda Begemann at discogs.
- Chart discography Germany
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rönnau, Kay Stefan (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musician and singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Braunschweig , Germany|