After graduating from high school in Sasbach near Achern, Bernhard Friedmann studied economics at the Albert Ludwig University in Freiburg im Breisgau . There he became a member of the Catholic student association KDSt.V. in 1961. Hohenstaufen in the Cartell Association . After graduating with a diploma in economics , he was in 1960, with the work of deflation in the context of national accounts at the Swiss University of Freiburg , PhD .
After passing the Grand State Examination for Higher Administrative Service, Bernhard Friedmann initially worked for what was then the Deutsche Bundespost , later in the Federal Post Office (1965 Postrat, 1967 Senior Postrat, 1969 Senior Post Director). This was followed by an involvement in industry as managing director of Deutsche DATEL Gesellschaft für Datenfernverarbeitung mbH , Darmstadt, which was sold abroad at the end of 1974 due to over-indebtedness . Later he became department president of the Oberpostdirektion Karlsruhe .
In 1976 he was first elected to the German Bundestag for his constituency of Rastatt / Baden-Baden / Ettlingen . He resigned from the German Bundestag on February 5, 1990, and was succeeded by Siegfried Hornung . Friedmann was, among other things, chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group in the budget committee , chairman of the audit committee and chairman of the approval committee for defense spending. His book Unity instead of rockets - theses on the reunification of Germany as a security concept , published in 1987, was the cause of intense discussion. From 1990 to 2001 Friedmann was the German representative at the European Court of Auditors , from 1996 to 1999 its president. He has since retired.
In 2003 Friedmann became President of the Weikersheim Study Center . Also in 2003 he set up the Bernhard Friedmann Foundation in Ottersweier. Friedmann is also president of the business-oriented association European Economic Senate (EWS) and former chairman of the Altsasbacher , an alumni association of the Lender home school .
honors and awards
In 1986 he received the Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany. In 1995 he was appointed honorary professor for European politics at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg im Breisgau. In 1997 he was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Sibiu (formerly Hermannstadt / Romania). Friedmann has been an honorary citizen of his home town Ottersweier since the beginning of 2002 . He has also been the recipient of the Euronatur environmental award since 1997 .
- Unity instead of missiles. Theses on the reunification of Germany as a security concept. Busse and Seewald, Herford 1987, ISBN 3-512-00826-7 .
- with Christa Randzio-Plath : Enterprise Eastern Europe - a challenge for the European Community. On the necessity of an EC Ostpolitik. Nomos, Baden-Baden 1994, ISBN 3-7890-3169-0 .
- Evaluation approaches for selected policy areas of the European Union. Europa-Union-Verlag, Bonn 1996, ISBN 3-7713-0520-9 .
- Thinking the unthinkable. Don't sweep everything under the rug. Lau-Verlag, Reinbek 2015, ISBN 978-3-95768-160-7 .
- Literature by and about Bernhard Friedmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Bernhard Friedmann's website
- Deutsche Datel sold ( Memento of the original from September 29, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , computerwoche , December 4, 1974
|German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag
|DATE OF BIRTH
|April 8, 1932
|PLACE OF BIRTH