|IPA character description||bridge symbol below|
|Unicode||U + 032A|
|HTML (dec.)||& # 810;|
In phonetics , dental describes the place of articulation of a sound. A dental According to (German and dental According ) is with the teeth formed the Decadent, and will apico-dental (v. Lat. Apex called "the (tongue) tip"). In the International Phonetic Alphabet , dental sounds are identified by a bridge symbol (◌̪, Unicode COMBINING BRIDGE BELOW U + 032A). If, in addition to the teeth, the lip is also used to articulate a sound, it is called a labiodental .
Apiko-dental (tongue tip to tooth) are the voiced and the unvoiced variant of the English “th” sound, labiodental (tooth to lip) are the sounds of the German letters “f” and “w” “(v)”.
|n̪||voiced alveolar nasal||Russian ба н к [ba n̪ k] "Bank" |
|t̪||voiceless dental plosive||Finnish t u tt i [ t̪ u t̪t̪ i] "Pacifier"|
|d̪||voiced dental plosive||Arabic د ين [ d̪ iːn] "religion" |
|s̪||voiceless dental sibilant fricative||Polish ko s a [kɔ s̪ a] "Sense" |
|z̪||voiced dental sibilant fricative||Polish ko z a [kɔ z̪ a] "goat" |
|θ||voiceless dental fricative||English th ing [ θ ɪŋ] "thing" |
|ð||voiced dental fricative||English th is [ ð ɪs] "dies" |
|ð̞||voiced dental fricative||Spanish co d o [ko ð̞ o] "elbow" |
|l̪||voiced lateral alveolar approximant||Spanish a l to [a l̪ t̪o] "high" |
|ɾ̪||voiced alveolar tap||spanish ha r to [a ɾ̪ t̪o] "full" |
|r̪||voiced alveolar vibrant||Hungarian r ó [ r̪ oː] "to carve" |
|ɗ̪||voiced dental implosive|
|ǀ||dental click||Xhosa ukú c ola [uk'u ʇ ola] "fine grinding" |
- John Clark, Collin Yallop, Janet Fletcher: An Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology. 3rd edition. Blackwell Textbooks in Linguistics, Wiley-Blackwell, 2006.
- T. Alan Hall: Phonology: An Introduction. De Gruyter Study Book, de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 2000, ISBN 3-11-015641-5 .
- Peter Ladefoged , Ian Maddieson: The Sounds of the World's Languages. Blackwell, Oxford 1996, ISBN 0-631-19814-8 .
- Christian Ebert: Phonetics & Phonology. Articulatory Phonetics. (Hall, Chapters 1.1 - 1.5; Clark & Yallop, Chapters 2 & 3) Bielefeld University. Faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies. WS 2005/2006
- Christian Ebert: Phonetics & Phonology. Articulatory Phonetics. Bielefeld University. Faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies. WS 2005/2006 (Clark & Yallop, Chapter 2 & 6)
- Christian Ebert: Phonetics & Phonology. Articulatory Phonetics. (Hall, Chapters 1.1 - 1.5; Clark & Yallop, Chapters 2 & 3) Exercises & Solutions, Bielefeld University. Faculty of Linguistics and Literary Studies. WS 2005/2006