|Full name||James Ager Worthy|
|Nickname||Big Game James|
|birthday||27th February 1961 (age 59)|
|place of birth||Gastonia , North Carolina , United States|
|NBA draft||1982 , 1st pick , Los Angeles Lakers|
|Clubs as active|
|1982-1994 Los Angeles Lakers|
|1978-1979||United States||8 games|
The 2.06 meter tall Worthy played in the position of the small forward and was one of the most important players of the so-called "Showtime Lakers" of the 1980s , along with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson .
He was one of the great college stars of the 80s and won the NCAA Division I Basketball Championship with the North Carolina Tar Heels in 1982 . The following year, and after his first year as a pro, Worthy was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team .
- NBA biography
- James Worthy - player profile on NBA.com
- James Worthy - player profile on basketball-reference.com
- James Worthy in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- James Worthy in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame . On: Hoophall website; Springfield, MA, 2018. Retrieved April 19, 2018 (in English).
- usabasketball.com - All-Time USA Basketball Men's Roster // W ( Memento of the original from June 10, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame :: James Worthy. Retrieved April 21, 2020 (English).
- The Chess Move, Part II . In: Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki . ( wikia.com [accessed September 9, 2017]).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Worthy, James Ager|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 27, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gastonia , North Carolina|