Johann Baptist Bekk
Bekk studied in Freiburg law . There he joined the Corps Rhenania in 1816 and the old Freiburg fraternity in 1818 . From 1822 he practiced as a lawyer in Meersburg . In 1829 he was appointed to the court there as an assessor, and in 1832 he was appointed Ministerialrat in the Ministry of the Interior. In 1837 he became Vice Chancellor at the Supreme Court in Mannheim .
In the Second Chamber of the Baden Estates Assembly , to which he had belonged since 1831, Bekk was one of the leading representatives of the opposition to the Blittersdorf government and emerged in particular in the dispute over the right to refuse leave in 1841, in which Blittersdorf lost considerable support. In 1842, Bekk was elected President of the Second Chamber of the Estates Assembly and remained in this position until 1846.
In 1846 Bekk joined the Baden government as a state councilor without a portfolio ; in December of the same year he was appointed interior minister and implemented a liberal reform program in the Bekk cabinet . But after Bekk and Dusch's accommodation could not prevent the radicalization of the events in the course of the March Revolution , Bekk had to resign as Minister of the Interior on June 3, 1849 as part of the May Revolution in Baden . After the suppression of the uprising, he became a member of the Volkshaus of the Erfurt Union Parliament . He was a member of the 1st electoral district of Baden (Stockach) and belonged to the station party faction . From 1850 to 1851 he was again a member and president of the Second Chamber. From 1845 to 1851 he was a member of the rural estate committee.
- The movement in Baden . Mannheim 1850.
- Together with Franz Xaver Litschgi he published the court journal Annalen der Großherzoglich-Baden courts .
- Kösener Corpslisten 1930, 35 , 55
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume I Politicians, Part 1: AE. Heidelberg 1996, p. 75.
- For freedom and democracy. Baden parliament history 1818–1933 . A chronicle of the democratic movement since 1818 with biographies, historical film and sound recordings, election results, image documents and a comprehensive bibliography. Multimedia CD-ROM published by the Karlsruhe City Archives 1997, ISBN 3-9805956-0-9 . System requirements Windows 95 or Apple Macintosh. The CD-ROM cannot be used with operating systems from the Microsoft Windows NT line!
- Badische Biographien , Volume 1, Heidelberg 1875, page 388 ( digitized version )
- Babette Tondorf: Criminal defense in the early phase of the reformed criminal process. The high treason proceedings against the Baden insurgents Gustav Struve and Karl Blind (1848/49). Berlin 2006, p. 66.
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume I Politicians, Part 1: A – E. Heidelberg 1996, p. 75.
- Manfred Krebs: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 2, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1955, ISBN 3-428-00183-4 , p. 24 ( ). In:
- Friedrich von Weech : Bekk, Johann Baptist . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 2, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1875, p. 299.
- Friedrich von Weech: Johann Baptist Bekk , in: Badische Biographien . First part . Heidelberg 1875, pp. 61–69 ( digitized version )
- Jochen Lengemann : The German Parliament (Erfurt Union Parliament) from 1850 , 2000, pp. 73-74.
- Literature by and about Johann Baptist Bekk in the catalog of the German National Library
- Estate in the General State Archives in Karlsruhe
|SURNAME||Bekk, Johann Baptist|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Baden lawyer and statesman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 29, 1797|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Triberg in the Black Forest|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 22, 1855|
|Place of death||Bruchsal|