|location||Districts of Germersheim and Südliche Weinstrasse , Rhineland-Palatinate , Germany|
The approximately 250 hectare area, which was placed under nature protection in 1982 , extends between the airport of the local community Schweighofen in the north-west and the local community Scheibenhardt in the south-east along the Lauter . Not far to the north, state road 545 runs parallel to the nature reserve.
The protection purpose is the preservation of the Lauter floodplain with the still near-natural river bed, the alder forests , reed and reed areas , extensive succession areas on former litter meadows and a moor as locations for rare plant species and plant communities , as a habitat for rare animal species and for scientific reasons.
- List of nature reserves in the district of Germersheim
- List of nature reserves in the Southern Wine Route district
- World Database on Protected Areas - Lauterniederung (English)
- 334-040 Ordinance on the "Lauterniederung" nature reserve in the districts of Germersheim and Südliche Weinstrasse from June 7, 1982 (PDF) on naturschutz.rlp.de
- State Office for the Environment, Water Management and Trade Inspectorate Rhineland-Palatinate: NSG album “Lauterniederung” from March 2012 (PDF) on lfu.rlp.de
- State Office for the Environment Rhineland-Palatinate: NSG album “Lauterniederung” update pass 2016 from February 2017 (PDF) on lfu.rlp.de