List of personalities from the community of Werbach
This list of personalities of the municipality of Werbach shows the mayors, honorary citizens, sons and daughters of the municipality of Werbach and its districts ( Brunntal , Gamburg , Niklashausen , Wenkheim and Werbachhausen ), as well as other personalities who are connected with Werbach. The list does not claim to be complete.
The following people were mayors of Werbach:
- 1766–1767: Andreas Gernert, father was Bartel Gerner (1736–1737)
- 1780–1781: Andreas Gernert
- 1975–1983: Bruno Liebler
- 1983–1999: Günther Schäfer
- Since 1999: Ottmar Dürr - He was re-elected in 2007 and 2015.
The municipality of Werbach granted honorary citizenship to the following people who have made a special contribution to the well-being or reputation of the municipality:
- Anton Hofmann († 2015), entrepreneur from Niklashausen, founded the Hofmann Naturstein company in the Niklashausen district in 1945 , with corporate headquarters in the Gamburg district since 1991, and today an international supplier and market leader for natural stone facades, company expansions at home and abroad in the 1970s and 1990s.
- Dorothea Hofmann († 2013), wife of Anton Hofmann, entrepreneur from Niklashausen.
Sons and daughters of the church
The following people were born in Werbach (or in a part of what is today the municipality of Werbach):
- Horand von Homburg (a. M.), 1392, his sons Rudolf Horand, Edelknecht von Nicklashausen and Hess have the place as a fief
- Georg Hund von Wenkheim (* 1520 in Wenkheim; † March 17, 1572), Grand Master of the Teutonic Order .
- Franz Anton Buscher (born November 30, 1825 in Gamburg; † 1879), sculptor and wood carver.
- Sebastian Buscher (born August 17, 1849 in Gamburg; † December 25, 1926), sculptor and wood carver
- Clemens Buscher (born June 19, 1855 in Gamburg; † December 8, 1916), sculptor and wood carver
- Thomas Buscher (born March 7, 1860 in Gamburg; † May 13, 1937), sculptor and wood carver of historicism
- Alfons Väth (* 1874 in Werbachhausen; † 1937), theologian born in Werbachhausen
- Werner Strik (born October 26, 1958 in Gamburg), psychiatrist and psychotherapist born in Gamburg
- Brigitte Wohlfarth (* around 1967 in Werbach), concert and opera singer
Other people connected with Werbach
- Hans Böhm or Hans Behem , Pauker von Niklashausen (* around 1458 in Helmstadt; † 19 July 1476 in Würzburg ) - also known as Pfeifer von Niklashausen , Pfeiferhannes , Pfeifer Hänslein or Henselins - was a cattle herder , musician , preacher and initiator of the Niklashaus pilgrimage from 1476.
- Joseph Archer Crowe (born October 25, 1825, † September 6, 1896 in Gamburg), English artist, art historian and diplomat, died in Gamburg.
- Carl Jakob Adolf Christian Gerhardt (* May 5, 1833; † July 21, 1902 in Gamburg), doctor and director of the Charité, died in Gamburg.
- Hans-Georg von Mallinckrodt senior, (* 1904; † 1990) was politically active in the Catholic resistance against the Nazis with the magazine Der direkt Weg and in the Catholic Tatgemeinschaft , 1945 and 1946 mayor of Neckarbischofsheim, he bought Gamburg Castle in 1980 .
- During the Nazi era murdered inhabitants (1933-1945): The ending of the period of National Socialism 1933-1945 murdered inhabitants of Werbach be in the article of the Jewish community Wenkheim mentioned.
Owner of the Gamburg
The following people became owners or lords of the Gamburg in the Werbach district of Gamburg:
- 12th century: Archbishops of Mainz
- 1157: Noble Free from Gamburg
- 1219: Burgmannen's official seat
- 1546: Eberhard Rüdt von Collenberg
- 1568: Dietrich von Hattstein
- 1570: Eberhard Brendel von Homburg
- 1590: Hartmut the Elder and the Middle from Kronberg
- 1619: Lords (later barons) von Dalberg
- 1722: Barons (later Imperial Counts) von Ingelheim
- 1936: Emanuel Graf von Westerholt-Gysenberg
- Since 1980: the von Mallinckrodt family
Fallen soldiers in the battle near Werbach
- Files of the General State Archives in Karlsruhe.
- Records in the baptismal register of the Werbach community as well as in the deanery and parish offices.
- Website of the municipality of Werbach at www.werbach.de
- Wenkheim municipal archive KG 44 R 254 u. R 268
- Archive BW, F-Rep. 231 No. 1567
- Information according to information from the municipality of Werbach, February 2018.
- Main-Post: Extraordinary use. Werbach . December 3, 2006. Online at www.mainpost.de. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Frankish news: Werbachs Freeman, founder of the Hofmann stone GmbH, Anton Hofmann has died at the age of 94 years. Motor in the company and in society . March 18, 2015. Online at www.fnweb.de. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Archive BW. G-Rep 2a No. 1