Otto Feuerborn , actually Otto Jacobfeuerborn (born January 1, 1887 in Kattenstroth ; † May 5, 1965 in Gersfeld (Rhön) ) was a German forester and during the Nazi era, district administrator in the Fulda district . He was married to Elisabeth Danker, born in Osterode in 1891 . The marriage was childless. Feuerborn moved out of the service villa on July 25, 1945 and moved to Oberrode .
Otto Jacobfeuerborn was born as the youngest son of the farmer Christof Jacobfeuerborn (1851-1916) and his wife Theresia nee Großehagenbrock (* 1852) in Kattenstroth. The place has been a district of Gütersloh since 1910 . Otto had a sister Maria (* 1889) and two brothers Heinrich and Josef (1885–1953). In 1915 Otto is still listed under the name Jacobfeuerborn in the membership directory of the Zoological Section of the Westphalian Provincial Association for Science and Art with the comment: Forest candidate at the Silesian Chamber of Agriculture in Breslau . When his father died in 1916, he was the youngest son after the Paderborn Minorate , but he turned down the inheritance of the court in Kattenstroth in favor of his brother Josef.
Feuerborn worked as a trained forester in the estate of the von Waldthausen family in Gersfeld . He joined the NSDAP in 1930 and later became a member of the SS and worked for the SS Race and Settlement Main Office .
In 1933 he became a district farmer leader in Gersfeld . For the "Rhön construction plan" drawn up under Otto Hellmuth , Feuerborn was "Commissioner of the Reichsnährstand "; the Main Franconian Rhönplan had been taken over by the Hessians Burkhardt and Feuerborn and was in competition with the Thuringian one of the Thuringian Prime Minister Willy Marschler . When the Rhön was expanded , it was necessary to conduct research into the Rhön population on the basis of racial biology, and to control the deployment of the Reich Labor Service and, in the war, the forced laborers . Initially provisional in August 1940, he replaced the previous Fulda District Administrator Hans Burkhardt in his office in September 1941 , who had been appointed District President in Hohensalza after a delegation to the Generalgouvernement . As a district administrator, Feuerborn was also the head of the “Zweckverband Arbeitsdienstlager der Prussische Rhön” and sat on the supervisory boards of Elektrizitäts AG Mitteldeutschland in Kassel and the overland plant in Fulda .
"As a radical National Socialist and anti-Semite, Feuerborn was also involved in attacks on Jews, for example when the district farmers attacked a cattle market on Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz in Fulda by SA men in July 1935."
The report of the construction works Rhön, published together with the Fulda district administrator Burkhardt, was put on the list of literature to be sorted out in the Soviet occupation zone in 1948 .
A portrait of Otto Feuerborn was exhibited without objection in the picture gallery of the Fulda District Administrator until July 1996 and was only then removed.
Rhön development plan
For the Rhön development plan see: Otto Hellmuth
- We build on: A performance report on d. Structure in d. Prussia. Rhön after d. As of January 1, 1939. Ed. Hans Burkhardt u. Otto Feuerborn. - Fulda: Parzeller 1939.
- Winfried Streitkamp: Municipal constitution in Kurhessen: A writing by the Kassel government clerk Theodor von Heppe from 1826, in: Sources and research on Hessian history, 69th, self-published by the Hessian Historical Commission Darmstadt and the Historical Commission for Hesse, Darmstadt, 1987, ISBN 978-3884431580 , p. 119.
- Michael Mott : From Fulda district administrator's villa to dormitory for people with disabilities / A building with an eventful past: Haimbacher Straße 31 / During the Nazi era, new representative service villas were built for the Fulda district administrator and mayor / District coat of arms above the entrance, in: District's yearbook Fulda, 39th year, 2011/2012, pp. 74-82.
- Literature by and about Otto Feuerborn in the catalog of the German National Library
- Feuerborn, Johann Otto Jakob. Hessian biography. (As of October 2, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Anne Krenzer, article Otto Feuerborn in Rhönlexikon
- Heinrich Jacob Feuerborn (1976): The Jacobfeuerborn farm in Kattenstroth, its "end" and its significance as the ancestral farm of the Schalück clan. Gütersloh contributors to local and regional studies 42/43: Pages 848–853.
- Heinrich Jacob Feuerborn (1973): Kattenstroth and the Jacobfeuerborn colony at the turn of the century. Gütersloh contributors to local and regional studies 30/31: Pages 597–610.
- Otto Koenen (1915): 43rd annual report of the zoological section of the Westphalian Provincial Association for Science and Art for the financial year 1914–1915. Regensbergsche Buchdruckerei, Münster 1915.
- Anne Krenzer, article Otto Feuerborn in: Rhönlexikon.
- List of literature to be sorted out 1948 # 8778
- Rhon lexicon
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Jacobfeuerborn, Otto|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German forester and National Socialist district administrator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 1, 1887|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kattenstroth|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 5, 1965|
|Place of death||Gersfeld (Rhoen)|