Live and act
His compositional technique is strongly influenced by mathematical ideas. So he developed a system that combines spectral harmonics and rhythms based on the golden ratio with the so-called infinity series . The latter has the property that every compression and stretching of this row is identical to the row itself or its interval reflection.
Per Nørgård wrote, among other things, two operas, two violin and two percussion concerts each, one piano and cello concerto, eight symphonies and chamber music so far as well as a fairy tale cantata about the fairy tale Lygtemaend I Byen (The will-o'-the-wisps are in town, said the Moorwoman) by Hans Christian Andersen .
Some of his works were also used in Danish films, or he also worked as a film composer.
- 1963: Oslo (documentary)
- 1967: Kongens Enghave (short film)
- 1967: Hagbard and Signe (Den røde kappe) (drama)
- 1969: Manden der tænkte ting (horror film)
- 1970: Nattergalen (cartoon)
- 1987: Babettes Fest ( Babettes gæstebud , feature film)
- 1993: Performance (TV series, 1 episode Hedda Gabler )
- 1994: The Prince of Jutland ( Prinsen av Jylland , feature film)
- 2003: Krig (documentary)
- 1993: Talkshowet (poetry and music, 1 episode)
- 1993: Ditte Gråbøl (poetry and music, as Per Nørgård)
- 1961 Composition Prize from the Gaudeamus Foundation
- 1974 Music Prize from the Nordic Council
- 1988 Henrik Steffens Prize
- 1995 Honorary Member of the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM)
- 1996 Léonie Sonning Music Prize
- 2006 Wihuri Sibelius Prize
- 2016 Ernst von Siemens Music Prize
- Anders Beyer (Ed.): The music of Per Nørgård: fourteen interpretative essays , Scolar Press, 1996
- Bo Marschner: "The Gilgamesh epic by Bohuslav Martinů and the opera Gilgamesh by Per Nørgård", in: Colloquium Bohuslav Martinů, His Pupils, Friends and Contemporaries: Brno, 1990 , edited by Petr Maček and Jiří Vyslouvžil. Ústav hudební vědy filozofické fakulty, Masarykova Univerzita, Brno 1993, ISBN 80-210-0660-9 , pp. 138–151.
- Per Nørgård in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Per Nørgård entry on danskefilm.dk
- Literature by and about Per Nørgård in the catalog of the German National Library
- Per Nørgård website (Danish and English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Danish composer and film composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 13, 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gentofte|