|Canton :||Ticino (TI)|
|District :||Locarno district|
|Circle :||Gambarogno district|
|Postal code :||6579|
|Area :||3.91 km²|
|Residents:||395 (December 31, 2008)|
|Population density :||101 inhabitants per km²|
Piazzogna , in the Lombard local dialect Piazzögna [pjaˈtsøɲa] , is a district of the municipality Gambarogno in the district of the same name , district Locarno , in the Swiss canton of Ticino . It formed an independent political community until April 24, 2010 .
The village is first mentioned as Plazonia in 1258 . The place name is a diminutive derivation of the Latin platea and means "small plain", thus referring to the topographical conditions.
From 1542 to 1546 the place appears in arbitration rulings of the provincial bailiffs , in which it was about alp rights and alpine ownership of other neighborhoods. Piazzogna is first attested as an independent community in 1704; previously it belonged to the parish and parish of Vira.
On November 25, 2007, the merger of the nine municipalities on the south bank of Lake Maggiore to the municipality of Gambarogno was approved by the voters of the municipalities of Caviano , Contone , Gerra (Gambarogno) , Indemini, Magadino , Piazzogna, Sant'Abbondio and Vira (Gambarogno). Only San Nazzaro was mostly against it. An appeal was lodged with the Federal Supreme Court against the decision of the Ticino Grand Council to carry out the merger as planned. After the complaint was rejected, the merger took effect on April 25, 2010.
coat of arms
- Parish Church of Sant'Antonio abate
- Oratory of Saint Bernardino of Siena
- two prehistoric cup stones.
- Francesco Meschini (born August 4, 1762 in Piazzogna; † December 3, 1840 ibid), architect, engineer, Ticino Grand Councilor , Councilor of State and governing Landammann in 1825
- Virgilio Gilardoni : Piazzogna. In: I monumenti d'arte e di storia del Canton Ticino. Volume III: L'alto Verbano II. I circoli del Gambarogno e della Navegna (= The art monuments of Switzerland. Volume 73). Edited by the Society for Swiss Art History SKG. Bern 1983, ISBN 3-7643-1500-8 , pp. 62–65.
- Graziano Tarilli: Piazzogna. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . January 12, 2017. Retrieved December 29, 2019 .
- Celestino Trezzini : Piazzogna. In: Historisch-Biographisches Lexikon der Schweiz , Volume 5: Neuenschwander - Picot. Attinger, Neuenburg 1929, p. 433 ( digitized version ).
- Official website of the municipality of Gambarogno
- Data from the municipality of Gambarogno
- Office for Statistics of the Canton of Ticino: Gambarogno (Italian)
- Piazzogna: inventory of cultural assets of the Canton of Ticino
- Piazzogna on elexikon.ch
- Lexicon of Swiss municipality names . Edited by the Center de Dialectologie at the University of Neuchâtel under the direction of Andres Kristol. Frauenfeld / Lausanne 2005, p. 703.
- Graziano Tarilli: Piazzogna. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . January 12, 2017 .
- Simona Martinoli and others: Guida d'arte della Svizzera italiana. Edited by the Society for Swiss Art History , Edizioni Casagrande, Bellinzona 2007, ISBN 978-88-7713-482-0 , p. 156.
- Lara Calderari: Francesco Meschini. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . December 9, 2008 , accessed December 20, 2019 .