Gansch grew up in Melk as the youngest child in a family of musicians. His father, Johann Gansch , was a brass band conductor and composer, his brother Hans Gansch was a professor of trumpet at the Salzburg Mozarteum until 2014 . At the age of 15 he began his studies at the music academy in Vienna. During this time the brass music ensemble Mnozil Brass was formed , as its musical director and moderator he appears internationally.
In 1999 Gansch was accepted into the Vienna Art Orchestra (VAO) by Mathias Rüegg . Together with other members of the VAO, Gansch founded his first band, Gansch & Roses, for which he created compositions and arrangements himself. In 2001 and 2002, Gansch & Roses was repeatedly on stage as the stage band of the Viennese jazz bar Porgy & Bess . From 2013 he was a guest for a week in the run-up to Christmas in Vienna's Jazzland with top musicians of his choice: u. a. with Oliver Kent , Mario Gonzi , Florian Trübsbach , Leonhard Paul , Stephan Zimmermann , Matthieu Michel , Johannes Herrlich , Herwig Gradischnig , Roman Schwaller , Andreas Scherer , Paulo Cardoso , Alex Deutsch , Michael Hornek , Gary Smulyan and others. v. a.
In addition to his participation in jazz and brass music groups, Gansch also appears as a singer of Viennese songs and hits.
With two members of Mnozil Brass , the tuba player Albert Wieder and the trombonist Leonhard Paul , he forms the trio Wieder, Gansch & Paul , with whom they were nominated in the category Jazz / World / Blues at the Amadeus Awards 2020 .
- 2002: Hans Koller Prize as Newcomer of the Year
- Media from and about Thomas Gansch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Gansch & Roses ( Memento from August 11, 2002 in the Internet Archive )
- Portrait Thomas Gansch (mica-music austria)
- Database entry by Thomas Gansch (mica-music austria)
- Thomas Gansch on MusicBrainz (English)
- Amadeus Awards: Who will get the trophies? In: ORF.at . February 18, 2020, accessed February 20, 2020 .
- Hanskollerpreis.at / Newcomer of the Year / 2003. In: www.hanskollerpreis.at. Archived from the original on June 18, 2016 ; Retrieved June 18, 2016 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian trumpeter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 31, 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||St. Polten|