- 1510 : The All Saints Flood devastated the North Sea coast.
- 1511 : Afonso de Albuquerque conquers the city of Malacca .
- 1512 : Spain legally regulates the dealings with the indigenous population in the New World .
- 1513 : Niccolò Machiavelli writes his most famous book, Il Principe (“ The Prince ”), a treatise on the art of governance.
- 1514 : uprising of the peasants in Württemberg under the name of Armer Konrad .
- 1515 : The Confederates declare themselves neutral on September 14th "forever" .
- 1516 : Götz delivers the Swabian greeting .
- 1517 : Martin Luther publishes his 95 theses (according to tradition by posting on the door of the castle church in Wittenberg ). He wants to stimulate a discussion about the practice of confession and indulgence in the Catholic Church, but ultimately causes the Protestant Church to split off from the Roman Catholic Church .
- 1518 : Luther before the Diet of Augsburg .
- 1519 : The Reformation begins in Zurich through Huldrych Zwingli .
- 1519: Ferdinand Magellan begins the first circumnavigation of the world (until 1522 ).
- 1510 : The Italian Renaissance painter Giorgione completes one of his last works with the Slumbering Venus .
- 1511 : Raphael completes the Stanza della Segnatura in the Apostolic Palace in Rome .
- 1512 : After more than four years of work, Michelangelo Buonarotti's ceiling painting in the Sistine Chapel is ceremoniously unveiled on November 1st in the presence of the client, Pope Julius II .