Calendar overview 833
|Louis the Pious has to abdicate on the " Lies Field " near Colmar in favor of his sons.|
|833 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||281/282 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1376/77 (southern Buddhism); 1375/76 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||195/196 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||211/212 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||217/218 (January 26-27)|
|Jewish calendar||4593/94 (September 17-18)|
from urbe condita MDLXXXVI (1586)
Diocletian's era : 549/550 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1143/44 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1144/45 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||889/890 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The Moravian Prince Mojmir I conquered the city and principality of Nitra and drove out Prince Pribina , who fled to Louis the Pious in the Frankish Empire . Beginning of the Moravian Empire .
- June 30th : Ludwig I is defeated by his sons at the Reichstag near Colmar (" Lügenfeld ") and has to abdicate temporarily.
- Aznar I. Galíndez conquered the Catalan counties Pallars and Ribagorza from Berengar of Toulouse , which had belonged to Toulouse up to that point .
First documentary mentions
- June 8th : Bodenfelde is first mentioned in a document from Emperor Ludwig the Pious .
- The place Kapellendorf is first mentioned in a document from the Fulda monastery .
science and technology
- In China, the Tashan Weir is being built to prevent the salty tidal water from entering the Fenghua River and to store water for dry seasons.
- Luo Yin , Chinese writer († 909 )
- around 833: Moses Bar-Kepha , theologian of the Syrian Orthodox Church († 903 )
- Al-Ma'mun , Abbasid Caliph (* around 786 )
- Yuthog Nyingma Yönten Gönpo , Tibetan monk and medic (* 708 )