Calendar overview 836
|Kastor Church in Koblenz is consecrated.|
|836 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||284/285 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1379/80 (southern Buddhism); 1378/79 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||198/199 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||214/215 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||221/222 (December 13-14)|
|Jewish calendar||4596/97 (September 15-16)|
from urbe condita MDLXXXIX (1589)
Diocletian's era : 552/553 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1146/47 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1147/48 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||892/893 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Pietro Tradonico becomes Doge of Venice .
- Viking Age : The Normans plunder London .
- Arab troops destroy Tindari in Sicily .
- al-Mutasim , Caliph of the Abbasids , builds a new residence with Samarra between Baghdad and Mosul .
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Tauberbischofsheim
- May : Transfer of the relics of Saint Liborius from Le Mans to Paderborn , this is considered to be the origin of the Libori festival and the oldest town twinning that still exists today
- November 12th : Consecration of the Kastor Church in Koblenz
- Liupram becomes Archbishop of Salzburg .
- Al-Musta'in , Abbasid Caliph († 866 )
- Fujiwara no Mototsune , Japanese court nobleman († 891 )
- Constantine I , Scottish King († 877 )