Albert Schindehütte was born in Kassel and grew up in Breitenbach in the municipality of Schauenburg . Albert Schindehütte's parents ran a restaurant and a butcher's shop in Breitenbach. Albert Schindehütte left middle school to begin an apprenticeship as a window dresser in Kassel, which he broke off prematurely. He then tried to hire a seaman in Hamburg, but decided otherwise and began studying graphics in Kassel. From 1956 to 1959 he studied commercial graphics at the Werkkunstschule Kassel . In 1959, Karl Oskar Blase curated Albert Schindehuette's first exhibition in his Galerie Archiv in Kassel. In 1961 he founded the artist group situations 60 together with Christian Chruxin , Dieter Lübeck , Arno Waldschmidt and Fridjof Werner . The group opened a gallery, but it was closed again after a day.
Move to Berlin
In 1961 Albert Schindehütte moved to Berlin , thereby avoiding general conscription. He managed to get by with odd jobs in Berlin-Kreuzberg. He designed book covers, or every now and then an illustration for the Tagesspiegel .
Foundation of the Rixdorfer Drucke workshop
In 1963 he founded the Rixdorfer Drucke workshop with Uwe Bremer , Johannes Vennekamp and Arno Waldschmidt in Berlin under the patronage of the poet Günter Bruno Fuchs . Albert Schindehütte said ironically about the artists' union: It was love at first sip .
Move to Hamburg
However, Schindehütte did not move with them, but moved to the Övelgönne in Hamburg in the early 1970s and lived in the same house with Peter Rühmkorf . There Albert Schindehütte married the Hamburg graphic artist Katinka Niederstrasser , with whom he brought out the love couple “Paarodien” and has lived with the journalist Bigs Möller since the mid-1970s. In 1980, Albert Schindehütte illustrated Peter Rühmkorf's volume of poems "Goodbye in Kenilworth: a fairy tale in thirteen chapters" with drawings.
Rediscovery of home
In 1997 he and Christian Abendroth founded the Schauenburger fairytale watch in the former fire station in Breitenbach . The Märchenwache is dedicated to the children's and house fairy tale storytellers of the Brothers Grimm , the farewell Dragoon Sergeant Johann Friedrich Krause , to whom Albert Schindehütte is distantly related, and the Hanau demoiselle Marie Hassenpflug, who married a von Dalwigk in the nearby Hoof . On April 29, 2009 Albert Schindehütte received the Hessian Order of Merit. Albert Schindehütte designs a woodcut for every 1st Bundesliga promotion of FC St. Pauli . In 2010 he personally presented a print to Uli Hoeneß . The book Marie Hassenpflug. A storyteller by the Brothers Grimm appeared in 2013 with six colored drawings by Albert Schindehütte. In 2014 Albert Schindehütte illustrated the book Ludwig Emil Grimm - Memoirs of the Painter Brother's Life, edited by Heiner Boehncke and Hans Sarkowicz . Albert Schindehütte has a long-standing friendship with the photographer Michael Zapf , who documented numerous of his works.
Today he lives and works in the Hamburg district of Övelgönne on the banks of the Elbe and in Breitenbach.
His oeuvre includes drawings , etchings , woodcuts and lithographs . Schindehütte has illustrated numerous books and turned to literary and art-historical themes, romantic as well as political or grotesque humor. He also designs labels for a Schauenburg sparkling apple winery and works as a decorator.
- 2017: 300 years of Hercules . Old Masters Picture Gallery, Kassel
- 2017: Kurmuseum, Bad Wildungen
- 2014: riders and pedals. The Draisinen of the Ali Schindehütte . Museum of Labor , Hamburg
- 2014: The Raben Wunderhorn . Factory of the Arts, Hamburg
- 2014: New Gallery , Kassel; Brothers Grimm Museum , Kassel
- 2013: 50 years of the Rixdorfer Drucke workshop . House on Lützowplatz , Berlin
- 2013: The life's work of Albert Schindehütte , Cismar Monastery , Grömitz
- 2012: Kreuz-Burger internationally known Berlin hand presses . Foyer of the Wiesbaden town hall
- 1995: Museum Schloß Philippsruhe, Hanau
- 1982: German contemporary erasers . Darmstadt art gallery
- 1960: situations 60 , Kassel
- 1959: Archives of Karl Oskar Blase, Kassel
- Album for Alice. A tribute to Lewis Carroll . Hoffmann and Campe, Hamburg 1993, ISBN 3-455-06499-X .
- The children of Övelgönne
- Rainer Holzhauer: Accessed, dear friends . Verlag Neumann-Neudamm, Melsungen, 107 pages,
- Ludwig Emil Grimm - Memoirs of the painter brother , Heiner Boehncke and Hans Sarkowicz (editor), 2015
- 2005: Victor Otto Stomps Prize of the State Capital Mainz
- 2009: Holder of the Hessian Order of Merit on ribbon
Works in museums
- GrimmWelt, Kassel
- Brothers Grimm Museum, Kassel
- New gallery, Kassel
- Art collection of the Veste Coburg, Coburg
- Plansecur art collection, Bad Wilhelmshöhe
- Johann Friedrich Krause School, Breitenbach
- Hessische Landesbank, Frankfurt a. M.
- Albert Schweitzer School, Hofgeismar
- Wilhelm Fichner School, Wolfhagen
- Grischäfer restaurant, Bad Emstal-Sand
- Grischäfer cascade economy, Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Goldener Stern restaurant, Schauenburg-Breitenbach
- Parkhotel Emstaler Höhe, Bad Emstal-Sand
- Joachim Döhne winery and distillery, Schauenburg-Breitenbach
- J. Kruse: From Menzel to Beuys . From the Kpst.-Kabinett of the art collection of the Veste Coburg (K). Coburg, 1992
- Dorit Marhenke (editor): German etchers of the present . Kunsthalle Darmstadt, September 12th. - October 31, 1982. Athenaeum, Königstein / Taunus. 1982, ISBN 3-7610-8121-9 , pp. 144f.
- Collected works: "Drawings, woodcuts, etchings and lithographs by Albert Schindehüttein the rooms of his collectors in Kassel city and country recorded by Michael Zapf", Edition Des Raben Wunderhorn - Boxan, ISBN 978-3-945042-03-8
- Christiane Ohff (Ed.): Rixdorfer Drucke workshop: Œuvre directory . About the exhibition at the Kunstverein für die Rheinlande und Westfalen, Düsseldorf, Merlin Verlag, 1970
- Albert Schindehütte: scrapbook - catalog raisonné of prints. Harenberg, Dortmund, 1979
- Rixdorfer Drucke workshop. Exhibition book, edited by Günter Bruno Fuchs with the assistance of Uwe Bremer, Albert Schindehütte, Johannes Vennekamp, Arno Waldschmidt. Rixdorfer Drucke workshop, 1965
- Literature by and about Albert Schindehütte in the catalog of the German National Library
- Child-minded satirist. Heike Gätjen meets people from Hamburg every week. Today Albert Schindehütte, artist. In: Hamburger Abendblatt. June 27, 2009
- Hamburger Abendblatt from February 1, 2013 - article at Nexis, accessed on April 28, 2016 from the Hamburger Abendblatt
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schindehütte, Ali|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German graphic artist, draftsman and illustrator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||kassel|