Anton von Lorch
Carl Otto Anton von Lorch (* 13 February 1807 probably in Muehlhausen / Thuringia ; † 4. March 1859 probably in Schönstedt ) 1838 was a substitute, district administrator of the district of Dusseldorf and landowners to Schönstedt.
According to Ernst von Oidtman, the von Lorch family presumed to be descended from the old knight dynasty of the " Hilchen von Lorch ", which is why the name Hilchen is more common. However, she has nothing in common with this family.
Anton von Lorch was born as the son of Philipp von Lorch, originally from Galicia (born May 10, 1759 in Wilitschka; died December 21, 1822 in Frankfurt an der Oder) and his wife Antonia Luise Eleonora Johanna Lorch, born from Hymnen (born January 2, 1822 in Frankfurt an der Oder) 1782; died February 21, 1807). He had an older brother, the former Royal Prussian Premier-Lieutenant. D. Ludwig von Lorch (born June 18, 1805 in Mülhausen, Saxony; died May 23, 1870 in Osnabrück), who lived as a landowner and owner of Ariendorf Castle in Ariendorf . In 1834, Anton Lorch unsuccessfully applied for his family to be entered in the nobility register for the Rhine Province . He could not produce any evidence of his nobility.
Life and career
Anton von Lorch studied law . He was active in the Corps Borussia at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn . After graduating, he entered the Prussian administrative service, where he worked as an auscultator in Hamm in May 1830 . In 1833/34 he found employment as a government trainee with the Royal Prussian Government in Cologne , and in 1835 in the same position in Düsseldorf . During the vacancy in the administration of the district of Düsseldorf, after the departure of Friedrich Freiherr von Lasberg and in the interruption of the commissioned representation by Franz Graf von Spee , Anton von Lorch led from June 20 to 31, before the introduction of Emmerich Freiherr Raitz von Frentz . December 1838 the official business there. After his marriage, he moved to Koblenz not far from his brother, before moving to Erfurt and finally to Schönstedt around 1845/1847 .
The Protestant Anton von Lorch married Auguste von Natzmar on April 17, 1842 in Düsseldorf (born December 16, 1817 in Mars la Tour; died March 17, 1861 in Schönstedt). Their marriage had five children. Auguste von Lorch, who was born in Koblenz in 1844, married the merchant Bernhard von Ammon, who lived in San Francisco, in Ariendorf in 1872. The Premier-Lieutenant in the 71st Infantry Regiment Ernst von Lorch was also born in Koblenz in 1845. His brother Georg followed in Erfurt in 1847, while the two youngest siblings Antonia (1850) and Hilchen (1854) were born in Schönstedt.
- Horst Romeyk : The leading state and municipal administrative officials of the Rhine Province 1816–1945 (= publications of the Society for Rhenish History . Volume 69 ). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-7585-4 , p. 290 note 55 .
- Herbert M. Schleicher: Ernst von Oidtman and his genealogical-heraldic collection in the University Library in Cologne. Volume 9. Folder 666-764. HÜCHELHOVEN – LOUVENBERG. (Publications of the West German Society for Family Studies , Cologne, New Series No. 77). Cologne 1995, p. 760 f. (Lorch).
- GG Winkel : Biographical corps album of Borussia in Bonn 1821-1928 . Aschaffenburg 1928
- According to von Oidtman, he was born in Mulhouse in Saxony. Mühlhausen / Thuringia belonged to Saxony at the time of his birth and is not far from his later residence Schönstedt.
- Herbert M. Schleicher: Ernst von Oidtmann and his genealogical-heraldic collection in the University Library in Cologne. Volume 9.
- Horst Romeyk : The leading state and municipal administrative officials of the Rhine Province 1816–1945 (= publications of the Society for Rhenish History . Volume 69 ). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-7585-4 .
|SURNAME||Lorch, Anton von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lorch, Carl Otto Anton von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Prussian district administrator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 13, 1807|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mühlhausen / Thuringia|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 4, 1859|