Gustav Ebbinghaus was the son of Iserlohn merchant, factory owner and secret commercial councilor Hugo Ebbinghaus and his wife Louise Sophie nee Kissing. He was married and had a daughter.
Gustav Ebbinghaus attended the secondary school I order in Iserlohn until he was 17 and then passed the Abitur in Arnsberg after a year of preparation. From 1883 to 1886 he studied law at the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg and the University of Berlin . In 1883 he became a member of the Corps Guestphalia Heidelberg . After the exams and the doctorate to Dr. iur. he entered the Prussian civil service. In 1903 he became district administrator of the Obertaunus district . In the same year he moved to the Düsseldorf district , where he was district administrator in 1904/05.
From 1907 to 1919 he was curator of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität . On the occasion of the inauguration of the new Physics Institute, he was awarded an honorary doctorate from Bonn University in 1913. He was a Privy Councilor and from 1912 to 1921 Senator of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society . Since 1907 he was the patron of the Society for Rhenish History .
From 1913 to 1918 he was a member of the Prussian manor house . At the end of the imperial period ennobled , he no longer carried the title of nobility after 1918th He lived in Munich even before 1930, where he probably died.
- Kurt Aland (ed.): Splendor and decline of the German university: 50 years of German scientific history in letters to and from Hans Lietzmann (1892–1942) , 1979, p. 1233.
- Thomas Klein: Senior officials in the general administration in the Prussian province of Hessen-Nassau and in Waldeck 1867 to 1945, 1988, ISBN 3884431595 , p. 116.
- Patrick Sensburg : The great lawyers of the Sauerland . 22 biographies of outstanding legal scholars. 1st edition. FW Becker, Arnsberg 2002, ISBN 978-3-930264-45-2 (276 pages).
- Ebbinghaus, Kurt Gustav von. Hessian biography. (As of July 24, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Horst Romeyk : The leading state and municipal administrative officials of the Rhine Province 1816–1945 (= publications of the Society for Rhenish History . Volume 69 ). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-7585-4 .
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 112 , 931.
- Obertaunuskreis administrative history and district administrators on the website territorial.de (Rolf Jehke)
- District of Düsseldorf administrative history and district administrators on the website territorial.de (Rolf Jehke)
- Finding aid PF 77, files of the Philosophical Faculty (until 1945) of the University of Bonn, pp. 53–54 on www3.uni-bonn.de
- Founder and patron of the Society for Rhenish History, 1907 www.digitalis.uni-koeln.de
- Kösener Corpslisten 1960, 64 , 796
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ebbinghaus, Kurt Gustav (from)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German administrative lawyer, MdHH|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 14, 1864|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Iserlohn|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 23, 1946|
|Place of death||Munich|