Patrick Ernst Hermann Sensburg (born June 25, 1971 in Paderborn ) is a German CDU politician and professor at the University of Applied Sciences for Public Administration in North Rhine-Westphalia in Münster . He has also been President of the Association of Reservists of the German Armed Forces since November 2019 . He joined the CDU in 1989 after having been a member of the Junge Union since 1986. In 2009 , 2013 and 2017 he won the direct mandate in the Hochsauerlandkreis and is a member of the German Bundestag .
education and profession
Patrick Sensburg attended the elementary school in Brilon -Gudenhagen and then the Petrinum Brilon grammar school . After graduating from high school in 1991, he did military service and trained as a reserve officer . Sensburg has been a lieutenant colonel in the reserve since 2014 . He then studied law and political science at the Universities of Trier , Luxembourg and Speyer . In 1997 he passed the first state examination in law and the master’s examination in political science. In 1999 he passed his second state examination in law. He was a scholarship holder of the Nikolaus Koch Foundation . In 2003 he was at the University of Hagen for Dr. jur. PhD.
From 1999 to 2004, Patrick Sensburg was managing director of the German Society for Mediation (DGM), of which he was a member of the executive committee from 2005 to 2019. He has been chairman of the DGM Board of Trustees since 2019. From 2000 to 2006 Sensburg worked as a lawyer specializing in local government and local tax law. Since then he has been a lecturer at the Hagen Law School for the training of specialist lawyers in administrative law. From 2006 to 2007 he was a professor at the Federal University of Applied Sciences for Public Administration - criminal investigation department at the BKA .
Since January 1, 2008, Sensburg has been Professor of General Administrative Law, Constitutional and European Law and Local Law at the University of Applied Sciences for Public Administration in North Rhine-Westphalia in Münster . From 2009 to 2012 he was also a visiting professor for European law at the Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA).
Since October 2011, foreign text transfers have been documented in Sensburg's dissertation on the Internet platform VroniPlag Wiki . On December 22, 2011, the Fernuniversität Hagen announced that it would not “open any formal proceedings to withdraw the doctoral degree against Dr. Patrick Sensburg open “. The doctoral committee of the Law Faculty of the Fernuniversität Hagen came to the assessment in December 2011 "on the basis of three expert opinions" that the allegations "independently of one another came to the conclusion that the allegations of VroniPlag were untenable" ().
Patrick Sensburg joined the Junge Union in 1986 and the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU) in 1989 . From 2004 to 2009 he was chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in the city council of Brilon and deputy mayor of the city of Brilon. From 2005 to 2009 he was chairman of the supervisory board of the municipal hospital Maria-Hilf Brilon gGmbH.
From November 10, 2012 to January 24, 2015, Sensburg was chairman of the CDU in the Hochsauerland district.
In June 2008, the CDU city association Brilon proposed Patrick Sensburg to succeed Friedrich Merz in the German Bundestag . At the district assembly on January 17, 2009 in Meschede , Patrick Sensburg was elected by the delegates of the CDU Hochsauerlandkreis as a candidate for the Bundestag constituency Hochsauerlandkreis, which he won in the 2009 Bundestag election.
Patrick Sensburg was in 17 . and 18 . Election period of the German Bundestag Member of the Legal Committee , Chairman of the Subcommittee on European Law and deputy member of the Interior Committee . He was a member of the federal assemblies in 2010 , 2012 and 2017 .
In the 2013 federal election , Sensburg again won the direct mandate in the Hochsauerland district , improving the result of the previous election by 4.4% to 56.1%. Sensburg also won the Hochsauerlandkreis in the 2017 federal election with 48.0%. Compared to the area code, this meant a decrease of 8.1% of the first votes, but at the same time the CDU's tenth highest direct vote result.
In the 19th electoral term , Patrick Sensburg is chairman of the Committee on Election Review, Immunity and Rules of Procedure . He is a full member of the Committee on Legal Affairs and Consumer Protection , of the Parliamentary Control Committee (PKGr) and of the Council of Elders of the German Bundestag . In addition, he is still a deputy member of the Interior Committee.
Political positions and priorities
NSA inquiry committee
After the resignation of the chairman of the NSA committee of inquiry, Clemens Binninger , Sensburg was elected chairman of the committee of inquiry on April 10, 2014. After the NSA investigative committee of the Bundestag had unanimously decided to question Snowden on May 8, Sensburg, as chairman of the NSA investigative committee, accused whistleblower Edward Snowden of merely playing himself and questioning his credibility . Snowden was "never specifically concerned with the mass spying of German citizens in Germany" and "if Snowden does not soon present evidence in the form of original documents, he loses any credibility for the investigative committee." Beyond what can be found on the Internet "Snowden delivered nothing to this day"; Sensburg doubted that Snowden could reveal any significant new details. When a collaboration between the Federal Intelligence Service and the NSA was announced, reports circulated in the press that 200 Americans who were accredited as diplomats were working for the NSA in Germany . Sensburg took up this on June 16, 2014 on ZDF and remarked: "We have eighty million Germans, we will be able to endure two hundred NSA employees." ( Patrick Sensburg :)
On June 28, 2017, Sensburg presented the 1,900-page final report to Norbert Lammert, President of the Bundestag . When it was published on the Internet, an insecure process was used to black out unwanted lines in the corresponding PDF, which disclosed state secrets. The different evaluations of the results of the investigation were revealed in the plenary hearing. Sensburg pointed out, among other things, that the committee had worked “intensely, but also very consensually” for three and a half years. In addition, he referred to the merit of Snowden for having initiated the discussion about the handling of data and the protection of privacy in Germany with his revelations. Regardless of some points of criticism, the committee of inquiry was certified by all parliamentary groups in the Bundestag to be successful. Together with Achim Fuhrer, Sensburg published a book about the NSA committee of inquiry, which did not remain undisputed.
As a rapporteur for the CDU / CSU parliamentary group on data retention , Sensburg presented its own draft law on traffic data security on November 6, 2012. This provides that, in his opinion , data can be collected in the so-called short-freeze process in accordance with the constitution. Sensburg stated that data retention should only be permitted if data security, data use, transparency and legal protection are given. The procedure is intended to create a balance between the citizens' claim to security and the freedom of the individual and is only used if there is a well-founded suspicion of serious criminal offenses.
Sensburg repeatedly campaigned for the surveillance of the AfD by the protection of the Constitution due to extremist statements by AfD politicians. In 2018 he emphasized: "The overall context makes it clear that the AfD is largely anti-constitutional". In the context of the affair about campaign donations from Switzerland to the district association of Alice Weidel , Sensburg warned "Anti-European and anti-German forces are gaining influence in our home country via the AfD." ( Patrick Sensburg :) The plan of the Saxon AfD member of the Bundestag Tino Chrupalla , a black list Sensburg described creating "dubious press representatives" as an attempt to "intimidate unpleasant journalists". After the attack in Hanau , Sensburg suggested that public employees who belong to the AfD should leave the party. "The public service in particular is expected to make a clear commitment to ours and that is what this democracy means".
In August 2014, Sensburg spoke out in favor of a deployment of the Bundeswehr in Iraq against the organization “ Islamic State ”. He rejected the arms deliveries to Iraq, but spoke out in favor of the deployment of German soldiers on the ground: “If you want to pacify, you have to be honest. It would make sense if German soldiers were deployed to distribute the relief supplies and in particular to protect the refugee camps on site ”. In addition, Sensburg referred to Germany's responsibility towards the people in the refugee camps there: "The protection of the population from the atrocities of the IS militias is our humanitarian responsibility and in our very own interest".
In August 2018, Sensburg called for the reintroduction of conscription for reasons of security and defense policy . This should apply to men and women. Those who do not want to join the Bundeswehr could do this compulsory year elsewhere. He had already voted against the suspension of conscription in 2011. Sensburg called the suspension a "fatal mistake". In the course of the terror investigations against Bundeswehr soldiers from 2017 onwards , Sensburg again demanded the reinstatement of conscription. He justified his demand with the fact that the Bundeswehr without conscription does not correspond to the average of the population, the citizen in uniform is “a reliable early warning system for the detection of extremism from left and right”.
Sensburg was rapporteur for the Act to Promote Mediation and Other Out-of-Court Dispute Settlement Procedures, which was passed in 2012. Through the law, Sensburg sees the regulation for the expansion of mediation as a long-term improvement of the culture of dispute in Germany, especially in the area of business mediation for medium-sized companies. Mediation pursues the basic idea that the parties themselves contribute to finding a solution and are not given the settlement decided by the court. In Sensburg's view, only an amicable solution can permanently resolve a dispute.
Association of reservists in the German Federal Armed Forces
On November 9, 2019, Patrick Sensburg was elected President by the delegates of the 20th Federal Delegate Assembly of the Association of Reservists of the German Federal Armed Forces (VdRBw) in Bonn . In March 2020, Sensburg emphasized that the reserve was “with the rifle at hand” when many reservists came forward to help and support as part of the COVID-19 pandemic . More than 15,000 reservists had volunteered by the beginning of April.
- Europa-Union Deutschland ., From 2004 to 2012 chairman of the district association Hochsauerland of the Europa-Union , since 2019 again chairman of the district association Hochsauerland of the Europa-Union.
- Association of Reservists of the German Federal Armed Forces V., President since November 9, 2019
- Member as an expert in the Günter Rinsche circle.
- Member of the Hochschullehrerbund - Bundesvereinigung eV
- 2011 member of the parliamentary advisory board of the FernUniversität in Hagen .
- 2013 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Franz Stock Committee for Germany e. V.
- 2013 member of the advisory board of the German Association for Telecommunications and Media e. V. (DVTM)
- 2013 Deputy Federal Chairman of the KKV - Federal Association of Catholics in Business and Administration e. V.
- 2014 member of the board of trustees of the Federal Agency for Civic Education .
- 2014 Deputy Chairman of the German Association for Parliamentary Issues V.
- 2016 Honorary President of the Society for Criminology, Police and Law e. V.
- 2018 member of the advisory board of the “Center for Intercultural Competence in Justice” by the North Rhine-Westphalian Minister of Justice Peter Biesenbach .
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Federal Academy for Security Policy (BAKS) since October 2018 .
- Since 2019 European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) - member of the Stakeholders Advisory Board.
- Since 2019 Austrian Center for Intelligence, Propaganda & Security Studies (ACIPSS), member and co-editor of the Journal for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies (JIPSS).
- The citizens' office as part of the municipal administrative reform. Aachen 1998, ISBN 3-8265-5663-1 .
- Patrick Sensburg: The great lawyers of the Sauerland . 22 biographies of outstanding legal scholars. 1st edition. FW Becker, Arnsberg 2002, ISBN 3-930264-45-5 (276 pages, biographies on Johannes Althusius , Johann Stephan Pütter , Franz Wilhelm von Spiegel , Kaspar Josef von Biegeleben , Johann Suibert Seibertz , Johann Friedrich Joseph Sommer , Justin von Linde , Carl Ludwig Arndts von Arnesberg , Johann Matthias Gierse , Heinrich Eduard von Pape , Johann Friedrich von Schulte , Hermann Gerlach , Erwin Grueber , Carl Schmitt , Ferdinand von Lüninck , Hermann Grashof , Rudolph Ulrich , August Overweg , Karl Lehr , Fritz Thomée , Gustav Ebbinghaus , Rudolf zur Bonsen ).
- The municipal administrative contract - legal classification of municipal target agreements. Baden-Baden 2004, ISBN 3-8329-0589-8 .
- European law. A study book for the police. 2nd Edition. Verlag Deutsche Polizeiliteratur, Hilden 2010, ISBN 978-3-8011-0646-1 .
- with Bernhard Frevel, Hans-Joachim Asmus, Carsten Dams, Hermann Groß and Karlhans Liebl: Political Science. Study book for the police. Verlag Deutsche Polizeiliteratur, Hilden 2009, ISBN 978-3-8011-0621-8
- as editor: The new security situation in the Federal Republic of Germany. Verlag für Polizeiwissenschaft, Frankfurt am Main, March 15, 2010, ISBN 978-3-86676-111-7 .
- with Armin Fuhrer : Among friends. The NSA, the BND and our cell phones - have we all been fooled? Plassen Verlag, 2017, ISBN 978-3-86470-495-6 .
- as publisher: Security in a digital world. Nomos , 2017, ISBN 978-3-8487-3639-3 .
- with Martin Maslaton and Felix Koehl: Tax law in the jurisdiction of the administrative courts. 4th edition. Hagener Wissenschaftsverlag, Hagen 2018, ISBN 978-3-7321-0312-6 .
- as publisher: Staats- und Europarecht. 2nd Edition. Verlag für Verwaltungswissenschaft, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-942731-73-7 .
- Literature by and about Patrick Sensburg in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Patrick Sensburg
- Biography at the German Bundestag , accessed on December 8, 2017
- Homepage of Patrick Sensburg at the FHÖV NRW
- Patrick Sensburg on parliamentwatch.de
- Patrick Sensburg, Member of the Bundestag, has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel of the Reserve by Federal Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen. (No longer available online.) In: patrick-sensburg.de. Archived from the original on January 4, 2015 ; accessed on January 4, 2015 .
- Kürschner's People's Manual of the German Bundestag: Kürschner's People's Manual of the German Bundestag 18th electoral period . Ed .: Klaus-J. Woodapple. 136th edition. Bad Honnef 2016, ISBN 978-3-95879-023-0 , pp. 235 .
- Bundestag: Biography Sensburg. Retrieved May 13, 2018 .
- Organization chart | DGM. Retrieved June 6, 2019 .
- Lecturers. Retrieved December 3, 2018 .
- Editor | Homepage: Dr. Patrick Sensburg. Central administration FHöV NRW, accessed on February 3, 2019 .
- Latest Users Module. Retrieved January 10, 2019 .
- team. Retrieved December 11, 2018 .
- Patrick Sensburg. In: IMBA. Retrieved December 11, 2018 (American English).
- A critical examination of the dissertation by Prof. Dr. Patrick Ernst Sensburg: The municipal administration wing [administrative contract] Legal classification of municipal target agreements. In: VroniPlag Wiki. Retrieved October 19, 2011 .
- Allegations by VroniPlag against Sensburg are not tenable. In: fernuni-hagen.de. FernUniversität in Hagen, December 22, 2011, archived from the original ; accessed on May 10, 2014 .
- Patrick Sensburg: Statement on the plagiarism allegations raised by VroniPlag for the dissertation: "The municipal administrative contract". (No longer available online.) In: sensburg.de. Archived from the original on March 1, 2012 ; accessed on May 10, 2014 .
- Patrick Sensburg is the new chairman of the CDU in the HSK .: Radio Sauerland. In: Radio Sauerland . November 11, 2012, accessed May 14, 2014 .
- Sensburg resigns as CDU district chairman. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . January 24, 2015, accessed January 25, 2015 .
- German Bundestag: Dr. Patrick Sensburg, CDU. (No longer available online.) In: bundestag.de. Archived from the original on March 1, 2014 ; accessed on May 14, 2014 .
- Results Hochsauerlandkreis - The Federal Returning Officer. Retrieved February 3, 2019 .
- 2017 Bundestag election: All results . In: Spiegel Online . September 24, 2017 ( spiegel.de [accessed February 3, 2019]).
- German Bundestag - Prof. Dr. Patrick Sensburg . In: German Bundestag . ( bundestag.de [accessed on March 8, 2018]).
- Markus Decker: Patrick Sensburg new chairman: A lawyer and officer heads the NSA committee. In: Berliner Zeitung . April 9, 2014, accessed May 14, 2014 .
- Edward Snowden: NSA committee chief wants to question Snowden in the Swiss embassy. In: zeit.de. Retrieved January 5, 2015 .
- Annett Meiritz: Snowden's self-marketing causes controversy in the NSA committee. In: SPIEGEL ONLINE . May 28, 2014, accessed January 5, 2015 .
- Andre Meister: NSA Committee Chairman Sensburg: "There are currently no original documents from Mr. Snowden." In: netzpolitik.org. May 28, 2014, accessed January 5, 2015 .
- BND cooperated with the NSA. Second German television, ZDF HEUTE, June 16, 2014 7:00 p.m.
- NSA committee of inquiry presents report to Norbert Lammert. German Bundestag, June 28, 2017, accessed on February 16, 2019 .
- Recommendation for a resolution and report of the 1st committee of inquiry in accordance with Article 44 of the Basic Law. (PDF) In: Printed matter 18/12850. German Bundestag, June 23, 2017, accessed on February 16, 2019 .
- Markus Kompa: Patrick Sensburg becomes a traitor against his will. In: heise.de. June 26, 2017. Retrieved August 15, 2019 .
- Results of the NSA committee evaluated in the plenary against the opposite
- Anna Biselli: "Among friends": The chairman of the NSA committee tries to write the sovereignty of interpretation - netzpolitik.org. In: netzpolitik.org. May 24, 2017. Retrieved August 15, 2019 .
- Patrick Sensburg: Traffic data protection - A new proposal from CDU / CSU. (No longer available online.) In: Kriminalistik - Independent journal for criminal science and practice. 2013, archived from the original on March 16, 2014 ; Retrieved January 5, 2015 .
- CDU MP Sensburg announces draft for data retention ›PR-SOCIAL the press portal. In: elo-forum.net. August 5, 2012, accessed August 15, 2019 .
- AFP: Germany: CDU politician Sensburg demands observation of the AfD by the protection of the constitution. In: ZEIT Online. November 3, 2018, accessed February 3, 2019 .
- Volker Finthammer: Expert opinion on the protection of the constitution - constitutional lawyer gives AfD a bad report. with a literal quote from Sensburg. In: deutschlandfunk.de. November 5, 2018, accessed August 15, 2019 .
- Dietmar Neurer: Clarification of the donation scandal: AfD donation affair could become a case for the protection of the constitution. In: handelsblatt.com. November 17, 2018, accessed August 15, 2019 .
- State election campaign in Saxony: AfD wants to blacklist journalists. Retrieved February 3, 2019 .
- DER SPIEGEL: Political debate after the Hanau attack: "AfD officials have no place in the public service" - DER SPIEGEL - Politics. Retrieved February 22, 2020 .
- Dietmar Neuerer: Hanau Terror and the Consequences: Politicians suggest that public employees in the AfD withdraw from the party. In: handelsblatt.com. Handelsblatt Media Group GmbH & Co. KG, February 22, 2020, accessed on February 22, 2020 .
- CDU MP wants to send Bundeswehr soldiers to Iraq. In: The time . 22nd August 2014.
- Coalition discuss the reintroduction of conscription Spiegel Online from August 4, 2018, accessed on January 23, 2020
- German Bundestag - 17th electoral term - 99th session. Berlin, Thursday, March 24, 2011: German Bundestag, shorthand report, 99th session. (PDF) March 24, 2011, accessed on August 14, 2018 .
- Right-wing extremism in the Bundeswehr: CDU politician Sensburg calls for a return to conscription . In: ZEIT ONLINE . ( zeit.de [accessed on August 14, 2018]).
- N-tv news: Sensburg: re-introduce conscription . In: n-tv.de . ( n-tv.de [accessed on August 14, 2018]).
- Hamburger Abendblatt - Hamburg: CDU politician Patrick Sensburg calls for a return to conscription . ( Abendblatt.de [accessed on August 14, 2018]).
- Basic information about the process: Act to promote mediation and other procedures for out-of-court conflict resolution. In: DIP, the documentation and information system for parliamentary processes. German Bundestag, accessed on February 3, 2019 .
- m con-Verband für Mediation und Conflictmanagement eV, Claudia Müller-Conen, Andreas Ruf, Franz Schaffranek: Mediation Act in Force - Interview with Prof. Dr. Patrick Sensburg Member of the Bundestag. Retrieved February 3, 2019 .
- Sensburg, Patrick (2017) Quo vadis Wirtschaftsmediation, Detlev Berning (Ed.) Mediation and conflict culture (p. 34)
- MP Sensburg at the 1st German Mediators' Day, June 16, 2012 in Bonn: "Mediation Act is a Milestone" - Badenia Information Service (bid) - press release. Retrieved February 3, 2019 .
- Live blog for the 20th BDV - Sensburg elected president. Association of Reservists of the German Federal Armed Forces V., November 9, 2019, accessed on November 9, 2019 (German).
- Dr Gerd Portugall: 60 years of reservists' association. In: authorities mirror. February 13, 2020, accessed on April 22, 2020 (German).
- Reserve in the fight against the coronavirus “gun at your feet”. Retrieved April 22, 2020 (German).
- Christoph Rieke: How the Bundeswehr is fighting the virus. In: n-tv.de. ntv Nachrichtenfernsehen GmbH, March 25, 2020, accessed on April 22, 2020 .
- Thorsten Jungholt: Corona: "Need a debate about when the Bundeswehr should be deployed in Germany" . In: THE WORLD . March 24, 2020 ( welt.de [accessed April 22, 2020]).
- Association President Sensburg promises the Bundeswehr full support. Retrieved April 22, 2020 (German).
- Corona mission: What employees and employers need to know now. Association of Reservists of the German Federal Armed Forces V., April 6, 2020, accessed on April 27, 2020 (German).
- Patrick Sensburg website of Europe
- European Union of the CDU is repositioning itself in Brilon. May 16, 2019, accessed June 28, 2019 .
- Günter Rinsche-Kreis - Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e. V. Accessed July 9, 2019 .
- Information for politics and business - FernUniversität in Hagen. Retrieved February 3, 2019 .
- webmaster: Circular letter from the Franz Stock Committee dated December 4th, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2018 .
- Professor Patrick Sensburg, CDU member of the Bundestag, supports the Advisory Board of the German Code for Telecommunications and Media - DVTM Deutscher Verband für Telekommunikation und Medien e. V. - press release. Retrieved December 10, 2018 .
- Patrick Sensburg remains Deputy Federal Chairman of the KKV . In: https://www.sauerlandkurier.de/ . June 2, 2017 ( sauerlandkurier.de [accessed November 26, 2018]).
- Federal Agency for Civic Education: Kuratorium | bpb . In: bpb.de . ( bpb.de [accessed on November 22, 2018]).
- About us - Board of Directors. Retrieved December 16, 2018 .
- Society for Criminology, Police and Law e. V. - Honorary President Prof. Sensburg, Member of the Bundestag. Retrieved April 10, 2018 .
- Ekkehard Rüger: The new center is intended to prepare the judiciary in North Rhine-Westphalia for intercultural conflicts . In: Westdeutsche Zeitung . April 16, 2018 ( wz.de [accessed April 17, 2018]).
- The Advisory Board. June 10, 2013, accessed January 23, 2020 .
- Patrick Sensburg EUIPO. European Union Intellectual Property Office, accessed October 31, 2019 .
- Austrian Center for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies (ACIPSS) Siegfried Beer (editor) Martin Moll (editor-in-chief) - PDF. Austrian Center for Intelligence, Propaganda and Security Studies, accessed on October 31, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sensburg, Patrick Ernst Hermann (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, university professor and politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 25, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paderborn|