|density||39 inhabitants per km²|
|governor||Antonio Barreto Sira|
|Political party||United Socialist Party of Venezuela|
The capital is Barcelona . This state is known for its beaches, which attract many visitors. The coast looks like a single beach 100 km long.
The Anthem of Anzoátegui is the national anthem of the State of Anzoátegui.
The capital Anzoáteguis was founded in 1677 . The state was then part of the Province of Cumaná . Anzoátegui separated from this province in 1810, but it was not until 1909 that the current political division took place.
Anzoátegui is located in the northeast on the coast of Venezuela directly on the Caribbean . The neighboring states are Monagas and Sucre in the east, Bolívar in the south and Guárico and Miranda in the west.
Anzoátegui's economy is shaped by Venezuela's main resource: oil . One of the largest oil processing complexes in Latin America , the Complejo Petroquímico General de División José Antonio Anzoátegui , is based in this state. Other major industries are fishing and tourism .
- Anaco ( anaco )
- Aragua ( Aragua de Barcelona )
- Diego Bautista Urbaneja ( Lechería )
- Fernando de Peñalver ( Puerto Píritu )
- Francisco de Carmen Carvajal ( Valle de Guanape )
- Francisco de Miranda ( Pariaguán )
- Guanipa ( San José de Guanipa / El Tigrito )
- Guanta ( Guanta )
- Independencia ( Soledad )
- José Gregorio Monagas ( Mapire )
- Juan Antonio Sotillo ( Puerto La Cruz )
- Juan Manuel Cajigal ( Onoto )
- Libertad ( San Mateo )
- Manuel Ezequiel Bruzual ( Clarines )
- Pedro María Freites ( Cantaura )
- Píritu ( Píritu )
- San Juan de Capistrano ( Boca de Uchire )
- Santa Ana ( Santa Ana )
- Simón Bolívar ( Barcelona )
- Simón Rodríguez ( El Tigre )
- Sir Artur McGregor ( El Chaparro )