City of Menden
|Height :||approx. 150 m|
|Area :||6.19 km²|
|Residents :||2820 (Jul. 1, 2017)|
|Population density :||456 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st January 1975|
|Postcodes :||58708, 58706|
|Area code :||02373|
Location of Bösperde in Menden (Sauerland)
Catholic Church of St. Mary Magdalene
The former municipality of Bösperde has been part of the North Rhine-Westphalian city of Menden (Sauerland) since 1975 .
Bösperde is located in the north of the Menden urban area on the border with Fröndenberg .
On July 1, 2017, the "district Bösperde" had 2820 and the "district Bösperde Holzen" 2420 inhabitants.
The place used to be called Holzen. Holzen was renamed Bösperde on June 24, 1930, but for many years it was also referred to as Holzen-Bösperde. The name change was carried out, because the church on Aug. 1, 1929 Holzen from the district Hörde in the district Iserlohn was reclassified. There is also a village near Arnsberg-Neheim.
Today's district of Bösperde has grown together from several spatially separated settlement centers. The first is the manor house Kotten , first mentioned in a document in 1259. The Bösperder Höfe also go back to an originally uniform aristocratic residence, which can be found on the site of today's Kissingschen Hof; Between 1337 and 1410 several bearers of the name "von Bösperde" are documented. The Holzener Höfe Scheffer; Raw; Lehmkuhl; Schotenröhr; Kissmer and Wittfeld are loosely scattered in the area of today's Dorf- und Provinzialstraße (B 515). The fifth and most decisive core of the settlement is non-peasant; it is the new rolling mill.
Before the municipal reorganization on January 1, 1975, Bösperde was an independent municipality in the former Menden district in the former Iserlohn district . With the incorporation, Bösperde became a district of the city of Menden (Sauerland). The last mayor was Friedrich "Fritz" Bücker.
The municipal coat of arms of the former municipality of Bösperde is divided into silver and red, above a black horse's head, below the " cow iron " of the Menden office . The horse's head was chosen as a folk etymological interpretation of the place name Bösperde ("bad horse").
- 1909 Foundation of the volunteer fire brigade
- 17 May 1943 bomb attack on the Möhnetalsperre by British bombers . In the Ruhr valley died over a thousand people. In Bösperde the floods rose up to the cliff. Courtyards and buildings were also washed away in Langschede.
- February 1, 1945 Bomb raids on Fröndenberg and Menden. 23 Menden people were killed
- June 26, 1971 two love couple murders on the former Canadian shooting range in Bösperde (Wälkesberg)
- 1972 New construction of the Dorfstrasse in Holzen-Bösperde including the laying of the sewer
- April 30, 1974 Territorial change agreement between the city of Menden and the municipalities of the Menden office, among others, the following was agreed:
- The city grants the districts (except Sümmern) the right to use their previous name in addition to the name of the city of Menden (e.g. Menden-Bösperde).
- The city of Menden must form a district committee for each of the districts.
- The fire fighting teams and groups of the volunteer fire brigade will remain in place after the merger.
- The district of Lendringsen must be developed as a secondary center; A secondary center must also be set up in Bösperde.
- December 1978 Holzen-Bösperde: The renovation of the church of St. Maria-Magdalena in Bösperde is in full swing.
- 1982 Foundation stone laid for the Schützenhalle Holzen-Bösperde-Landwehr 1857 eV 1st chairman: Helmut Scheffer
- June 7, 1985 Countersignature of the partnership documents between Menden-Bösperde and the French community of Marœuil during the second Menden European Week. The first contacts were made in 1981. A “friendship tree” was erected on the village square and unveiled by chairman Karl-Heinz Krause. According to a plaque attached to it, the sculpture should symbolize the fixed connection between the partner communities with its design.
- June 11, 1988 Inauguration of the new sports hall in Menden-Bösperde, Bahnhofstr. by Mayor Otto Weingarten and City Director Eckhard Mäurer.
Economy and Infrastructure
The federal highway 515 runs through Bösperde . On the north-eastern edge of Bösperde on the double- track Fröndenberg – Menden railway line is the “Bösperde” stop, which is served by the RB 54 Hönnetal Railway every hour.
The "Evangelical Kindergarten Bonhoefferstraße", the "Municipal Day Care Center Bonhoefferstraße" and the "Catholic Kindergarten St. Maria Magdalena" are located in Bösperde.
In Bösperde there is a primary school in the Bösperde sub-location of the “Nikolaus-Groß-Schule Halingen-Bösperde”. The primary school has its own sports hall.
- Sebastian Barsch (* 1975), historian and history educator; lived in Bösperde for the first 21 years
- Hubert Spierling (1925–2018), glass painter; born in Bösperde
- Reiner Feldmann (1933–2014), biologist and university professor; lived in Bösperde from birth to death
In 2007 the shooting club Holzen-Bösperde-Landwehr 1857 eV celebrated its 150th anniversary and published a chronicle on the occasion. In this commemorative publication, the Catholic and Protestant parishes as well as the primary school are represented with their own contributions.
- City of Menden (Sauerland): Population figures for the city of Menden (Sauerland) ( Memento of the original from February 20, 2018 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed February 19, 2018
- Stephanie Reekers: The regional development of the districts and communities of Westphalia 1817-1967 . Aschendorff, Münster Westfalen 1977, ISBN 3-402-05875-8 , p. 218 .
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 333 .
- Eduard Belke, Alfred Bruns, Helmut Müller: Municipal coat of arms of the Duchy of Westphalia - Kurkölnisches Sauerland. Strobel-Verlag, Arnsberg 1986, ISBN 3-87793-017-4 , p. 136.
- City of Menden (Sauerland) (Hrsg.): Evangelischer Kindergarten Bonhoefferstraße (Bösperde) ( Memento of the original from July 4, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- City of Menden (Sauerland) (Hrsg.): Städtische Kindertageseinrichtung Bonhoefferstraße (Bösperde) ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- City of Menden (Sauerland) (Ed.): Catholic Kindergarten St. Maria Magdalena (Bösperde) ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- City of Menden (Sauerland) (Ed.): The primary schools in Menden ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.