City of Wiehl
|Height :||255 m above sea level NN|
|Residents :||55 (Dec 31, 2004)|
|Postal code :||51674|
|Area code :||02262|
Location of Gassenhagen in Wiehl
Location and description
The place is about 3.5 km southwest of the city center of Wiehl, near the state road L 350. Gassenhagen is south of the federal highway 4 .
- The place was mentioned for the first time in 1575, namely "Place on the map of A. Mercator ."
- Spelling of the first mention : In den Kirßenbaumen (later renaming?). Located in the vicinity of the former Bellinghausen Castle (cf. Niederbellinghausen ).
- Mentioned 1675 in the parish registers of Marienberghausen . The suffix -hagen means enclosed homestead.
- Early iron ore mining.
Hiking and biking trails
- The local circular hiking trail O "Around Bielstein " runs on the border between Gassenhagen and Hau .
- Dieter Dresbach, Fritz Licht: Börnhausen and its neighboring towns - the history of the Bechtal. Castles - villages and farmsteads on an ancient high and high road. Gronenberg, Wiehl-Bomig 2004, ISBN 3-88265-251-9 .