Gschnaidt (municipality of Gratwein-Straßengel)
Gschnaidt (former municipality)
Cadastral community Gschnaidt
|Pole. District , state||Graz-Umgebung (GU), Styria|
|Residents of the village||316 (January 1, 2020)|
|Building status||170 (2011)|
|Area d. KG||29.96 km²|
|Postcodes||8103, 8113, 8114, 8153|
|prefix||+ 43/3124 (Gratkorn)|
|Cadastral parish number||63225|
|Counting district / district||Gschnaidt (60664 009)|
The former municipality in the Graz-Umgebung district
|Independent municipality until the end of 2014
Source: STAT : Local directory ; BEV : GEONAM ; GIS-Stmk
As part of the structural reform of the Styrian community , it was merged with the communities of Judendorf-Straßengel , Eisbach and Gratwein in 2015 ; the new community is called Marktgemeinde Gratwein-Straßengel . The basis for this is the Styrian Municipal Structural Reform Act - StGsrG. A complaint brought by the municipality against the amalgamation to the Constitutional Court was unsuccessful.
Gschnaidt is located approx. 25 km northwest of the provincial capital Graz in the Stübinggraben , a side valley of the Mur valley . The highest peaks in the municipality are the Heiggerkogel (1,098 m) and the Pleschkogel (1,061 m).
The former municipality consisted of a single cadastral municipality or village of the same name . The main town is the pilgrimage site Sankt Pankrazen , a hamlet on a mountain ridge, otherwise there are:
- the hamlet of Kornberg ,
- the scattered houses Krienz , Plesch , Sankt Pankrazen (surroundings) , Stiwollgraben , Stübinggraben ,
- and numerous individual layers (Abraham, Ambros, Enzianhof, Fuchs, Grabenfödl, Grabenwarter, Hasi, Hidner, Höfer, Kalbacher, Kesselmeixner, Klein-Lückanderl, Knoblacher, Kogler, Kohlbauer, Kreuzwirt, Lenzbauer, Lück, Marxbauer, Moises, Pagger, Platzl, Pleschwirt, Ponkratzbauer, Prettenthaler, Rattich, Riemer, Saupart, Steinklauber, Thurner, Wolf am Egg, Zuri) ,
a typical settlement situation for the area.
Former neighboring communities
|Geistthal ( district Voitsberg )||Ubelbach||Großstübing|
|Södingberg ( District Voitsberg )||Stiwoll|
Economy and Infrastructure
Gschnaidt is located off the main roads. The closest motorway connection to the Pyhrn motorway A 9 is the Deutschfeistritz junction (165) about 19 km away. There is also access to Grazer Straße B 67, which is also possible via Gratkorn at the same distance .
The Graz Airport is about 35 km away.
The last municipal council consisted of nine members and, since the municipal council elections in 2010, consisted of mandates from the following parties:
- 6 List of citizens for Gschnaidt - provided by mayor and vice mayor
- 3 ÖVP - provides the community cashier
The last mayor since 2005 was Max Höfer (list of citizens), Vice Mayor was Hubert Perstaller (list of citizens, previously SPÖ)
coat of arms
The municipal coat of arms was awarded with effect from June 1, 1992. Due to the amalgamation of the municipalities, these lost their official validity on January 1, 2015.
Blazon (coat of arms description):
- "In the raised and lowered silver section in the green middle field, divided by tin cuts, a silver votive offering in the form of a standing cattle, accompanied by three smoothly cut three-leaf beech branches in the shield head and two smoothly cut four-leaf red beech branches in the shield base."
Culture and sights
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Styrian municipal structural reform .
- Section 3, Paragraph 3, Item 3 of the Act of December 17, 2013 on the reorganization of the municipalities of the State of Styria ( Styrian Municipal Structural Reform Act - StGsrG). Provincial Law Gazette for Styria of April 2, 2014. No. 31, year 2014. . P. 3.
- recognition of the Constitutional Court of 25 November 2014 G 121/2014.
- The State of Styria: The new municipal structure of Styria. (No longer available online.) Formerly in the original ; Retrieved November 9, 2013 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Communications from the Styrian State Archives 42/43, 1992/93, p. 48