Heinz Ludwig Arnold
Heinz Ludwig Arnold went to school in Bochum and Karlsruhe , where he passed his Abitur in 1960 . In Göttingen, he first studied two semesters Jura , then ten semester Literature , Romance studies and philosophy . During the semester break, from 1961 to 1964, he worked as a private secretary for Ernst Jünger . His dissertation remained unfinished.
While still a student, he founded the magazine for literature text + kritik in 1963 , the first issue of which was dedicated to the writer Günter Grass . Since 1978 he has also been the editor of the Critical Lexicon for Contemporary German Literature (KLG), which appears in edition text + kritik , and of the Critical Lexicon for Contemporary Foreign Literature (KLfG) from 1983 to 2008 .
Arnold had been honorary professor at the Georg-August University in Göttingen since 1995 . In addition to numerous editions and book publications, he published the eleven-volume anthology The German Literature Since 1945 at dtv from 1995 to 2000 .
In the course of his life, Arnold had numerous in-depth conversations with writers who have appeared in various book publications, including Heinrich Böll , Max Frisch , Günter Grass , Wolfgang Koeppen , Max von der Grün , Günter Wallraff , Peter Handke , Franz Xaver Kroetz , Gerhard Zwerenz , Walter Jens , Peter Rühmkorf and Friedrich Dürrenmatt . The original recordings of the conversations from 1970 to 1999 with a total length of 62 hours were published in 2011.
Awards and honors
- 1998: Lower Saxony Prize for Journalism
- 1999: Member of the German Academy for Language and Poetry
- 2011: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- Diary of a trip to China . Verlag der Arche, Zurich 1978.
- Warriors, forest walkers, anarch: attempt on Ernst Jünger . Wallstein, Göttingen 1990.
- The three leaps of West German literature: a memory . Wallstein, Göttingen 1993.
- What am I? About Max Frisch . Wallstein, Göttingen 2002.
- The group 47 . Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2004.
- Of the unfinished: literary portraits . Wallstein, Göttingen 2005.
- Conversations with writers: Max Frisch, Günter Grass, Wolfgang Koeppen, Max von der Grün, Günter Wallraff . CH Beck, Munich 1975.
- Living as a writer: Conversations with Peter Handke, Franz Xaver Kroetz, Gerhard Zwerenz, Walter Jens, Peter Rühmkorf, Günter Grass . Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 1979.
- Friedrich Dürrenmatt. Conversations . 4 volumes, Diogenes, Zurich 1996.
- My conversations with writers 1970–1999 . 3 MP3 CDs with original sound recordings as audio books, Quartino, Munich 2011.
- Conversations with authors , S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 2012, ISBN 978-3-10-001534-1 ; Review by Wolfgang Schneider on Deutschlandfunk (DLF) from January 20, 2013 Book market - Book of the week : mouthpiece of the spirit of the times 
- Literature business in Germany . edition text + kritik, Munich 1971.
- German bestsellers, German ideology: Approaches to consumer poetics , Stuttgart: Klett 1975, ISBN 978-3-12-392600-6 .
- with E.-P. Wieckenberg: authors' books . CH Beck, Munich 1976 ff.
- Handbook on German workers' literature . 2 volumes, edition text + kritik, Munich 1977.
- The group 47. A critical floor plan . edition text + kritik, Munich 1980.
- Karl May (special volume text + criticism) , Munich: edition text + kritik 1987.
- Sarah Kirsch , Ingo Kühl : Air and Water - Poems and Pictures , Edition Lutz Arnold in Steidl Verlag , Göttingen 1988, ISBN 3-88243-096-6 .
- with Heinrich Detering : Fundamentals of literary studies . Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, Munich 1996.
- Tumbled sheet metal. Günter Grass in the criticism . Steidl, Göttingen 1997.
- with A. von Planta and U. Weber: Friedrich Dürrenmatt: Meine Schweiz . Diogenes, Zurich 1998.
- HG Adler . Edition text & kritik, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-88377-767-6 (= text + criticism, issue 163).
- with Andreas C. Knigge : Comics, Mangas, Graphic Novels. Text + criticism Sonderheft. Richard Boorberg, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-88377-995-9 .
- An adventurous heart. Ernst-Jünger-Reader. Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 2011, ISBN 978-3-608-93846-3 .
- Literature by and about Heinz Ludwig Arnold in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Heinz Ludwig Arnold in the German Digital Library
- derkindler.de - Website of the JB Metzlerverlag for the new edition of the Kindlers Literature Lexicon
- klgonline.de - online version of the KLG
- Erhard Schütz: Heinz Ludwig Arnold. Operators . For the 70th birthday of the Germanist. In: Der Tagesspiegel . March 29, 2010.
- The first among the secondary - On the death of the literary scholar and publicist Heinz Ludwig Arnold. Denis Scheck in conversation with Beatrix Novy, Deutschlandfunk , November 1, 2011
- The first four volumes of the series were still called: Die deutsche Literatur 1945 - 1960.
- Award - Federal Cross of Merit for Heinz Ludwig Arnold. Report to the Börsenblatt , accessed on October 26, 2011.
- Description and audio samples on the publisher's website, accessed on October 25, 2011.
- Andreas Langenbacher: An adventurous journey. Book review. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung of August 27, 2011, accessed on August 27, 2011.
|SURNAME||Arnold, Heinz Ludwig|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German publicist and an important mediator of contemporary literature|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 29, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 1, 2011|
|Place of death||Goettingen|