|Seat||Port Elizabeth , South Africa|
Hi-Tech Automotive is a South African automobile manufacturer.
The company was founded in 1992. The production of automobiles began in 1992 or 1994, depending on the source. The brand name was initially exclusively Hi-Tech , and since 1996 Superformance as well . The seat is in Port Elizabeth . Superformance LLC from the USA sells the vehicles in the USA.
The first model to appear in 1994 was the replica of the AC Cobra . In 2003 this model was named MK III . Various V8 engines from Ford with a choice of 5000 cm³, 5700 cm³, 6300 cm³ or 7000 cm³ displacement drive the vehicles.
The S 1 has been expanding the range since 2000 . This is a Lotus Seven style vehicle . The vehicles are powered by a four-cylinder Ford engine with 2000 cc and 160 hp . With a turbocharger , the engine has an output of 220 hp.
The Coupé model was also presented in 2000, but only offered from 2001 . It is the coupé version of the MK III and is similar to the Shelby Daytona Coupé from 1964. In addition to the Ford engines with 5.7 and 7 liter displacement known from the roadster, there is also a Roush V8 with 6600 cc displacement and 501 hp . With this engine, a top speed of 325 km / h is possible.
The SPF GT , a replica of the Ford GT 40 , has also been available since May 2005 .
In 2000 the company manufactured 306 vehicles. In each of the two following years 300 vehicles were built. 350 vehicles have been handed down for 2003.
- Website of the American importer Superformance LLC (accessed on July 9, 2016)
- Superformance Germany website (accessed on July 9, 2016)
- Superformance S1 - The lotus flower. In: Tuning. autobild.de, April 30, 2002, accessed June 27, 2010 .
- Hi-tech motorsports. In: “The AC COBRA ... a way of living”. xs4all.nl, September 23, 1996, accessed June 27, 2010 (English).
- Steven Cole Smith: Superformance Brock Coupe. MotorTrend Magazine, July 2004, accessed June 27, 2010 .
- Hi-Tech Automotive - a great South African success story. In: Car torque. Hooper Productions, March 11, 2006, accessed June 27, 2010 .
- Eligiusz Mazur: 2005 · 2006. One of the largest car directories in the world. World of Cars. Worldwide catalog. Encyclopedia of today's car industry. ( online ; English)
- d'Auto on the Hi-Tech brand (Dutch, accessed on July 9, 2016)
- d'Auto on the Superformance brand (Dutch, accessed July 9, 2016)
- Hi-Tech Automotive - a great South African success story. In: Car torque . Hooper Productions, March 11, 2006, accessed June 27, 2010.