|birthday||October 15, 1978|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|2003-2009||Falkenbergs FF||193 (4)|
|Stations as a trainer|
|2010-2011||Halmstads BK (youth)|
|2016||AIK (trainer assistant)|
|1 Only league games are given.|
Gustafsson started playing football at an early age as the son of long-time Landskrona BoIS player Tommy Gustafsson . He was considered a great talent, but did not make the breakthrough at Helsingborgs IF in the late 1990s . Therefore, he moved on to the second division IK Brage in the Superettan . After a season at Högaborgs BK , he joined Falkenbergs FF in early 2003 . As a regular player, he barely missed a game in the following seven seasons and played 193 second division games for the club by the end of his career after the 2009 season . The defensive player scored four goals.
Shortly after completing his active career, Halmstads hired BK Gustafsson as a coach for the U-17 youth team. With this he was successful and led them to the quarterfinals of the Swedish Junior Championship. He then moved up to coach the club's U-21 team in early 2011. Meanwhile, the club's competition team in the Allsvenskan was in danger of relegation and had only won one of the 15 season games in the first half of the 2011 season. The club then dismissed the Spaniard Josep Clotet Ruiz as chief coach and appointed Gustafsson as his successor. Under his leadership, however, the team won only two games of the season, with 14 points he rose with her as the bottom of the table at the end of the season from the top division. The club still stuck to him, he led the team he supervised around Guðjón Baldvinsson , Christian Järdler , Ryan Miller , Mikael Boman and Antonio Rojas to the relegation place . After success against GIF Sundsvall , he returned to the top class with her. At the end of the 2013 season Gustafsson occupied the relegation place with the club, where GIF Sundsvall was again the opponent. After a 1-1 draw at the start, a 2-1 win in the second leg, in which Boman had scored both goals, meant relegation. Despite a tenth place in the table in the following year, they parted ways at the end of the season, Jan Jönsson inherited him as head coach at HBL.
In March 2015, Svenska Fotbollförbundet signed Gustafsson as coach of the younger age group of the Swedish U-21 national team . Until the summer he was in charge of the youth team, which, after surprisingly won the title at the U-21 European Championship in 2015 , qualified for the following competition under coach Håkan Ericson . Gustafsson joined meanwhile, in January 2016 as an assistant coach of Andreas Alm staff of the AIK on.
In the summer of 2016, Gustafsson moved to the coaching bench of the reigning champions IFK Norrköping after his predecessor Janne Andersson took over the office of national coach of the Swedish national team after the 2016 European Championship . In the second qualifying round for the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League , the team failed to Rosenborg Trondheim , but as third in the table he qualified for the European Cup. In the 2018 season , the team he supervised fought against players like Andreas Johansson , David Moberg-Karlsson , Simon Thern , Isak Pettersson , Karl Holmberg and Guðmundur Þórarinsson with AIK for the championship, with the club two points behind the club.
- hbk.se: "Jens ny juniortränare" ( Memento of the original from April 6, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on July 6, 2011)
- hbk.se: "Ny huvudtränare för A-laget" ( Memento of the original from February 1, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on July 6, 2011)
- expressen.se: "Jens Gustafsson, 36, lämnar Halmstads BK" (accessed on July 13, 2020)
- svenskfotboll.se: "Gustafsson leder nya U21 under våren" (accessed on July 13, 2020)
- fotbollskanalen.se: "Nya AIK-tränaren:" Tror det var bra att få sparken "" (accessed on July 13, 2020)
- aftonbladet.se: "Jens Gustafsson tar över svenska mästarna" (accessed on July 13, 2020)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swedish football player and coach|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 15, 1978|