Lutz Hachmeister (born September 10, 1959 in Minden , North Rhine-Westphalia) is a German journalist , university lecturer for journalism , non-fiction author , film director and film producer . He was the head of the Grimme Institute for many years .
From 1991 to 2001 he founded and subsequently headed the Cologne television and film festival Cologne Conference . During the same period, he was a partner in the Cologne-based company for media consulting HMR International , of which he is the managing director.
Since 1997 he took over the direction and conception for documentary TV formats and documentaries, a. a. Hotel Provencal , Riviera and The Prison - Landsberg and the Origin of the Republic . His documentary Schleyer - A German History was awarded the Adolf Grimme Prize with gold in 2004 and the audience prize of the Marler Group . The documentary film Das Goebbels-Experiment by Hachmeister and Michael Kloft premiered at the Berlinale 2005 . In 2009, Hachmeister and Mathias von der Heide received the German TV Prize for the documentary friendship - The Free German Youth . Hachmeister's documentary The Cooks and the Stars , an "enlightening portrait of the three-star milieu", shows the work of nine top chefs under pressure from the annual Michelin Guide . The documentary drama The Real American - Joe McCarthy (2011/12), shown on US television in a modified version under the title Enemies Within (Smithsonian Channel), described Pulitzer Prize winner Dorothy Rabinowitz in the Wall Street Journal as “the work of irreproachable Clarity ”(“ a work of impeccable clarity ”).
In February 2006, Hachmeister opened the Scientific Institute for Media and Communication Policy (IfM) in Berlin-Charlottenburg . It is intended to be devoted to research into media policy in Germany, Europe and worldwide , which has been neglected up to now, and is partly financed by companies in the media industry and partly by public (third-party) funds.
From March 7, 2009 to January 31, 2010, Hachmeister was a member of the media council of Medienanstalt Berlin-Brandenburg .
In connection with the plagiarism affair surrounding the CSU politician Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg , Hachmeister initiated a campaign in February 2011 in which he and supporters declared that he wanted to put his doctorate on hold in protest as long as Guttenberg was a minister Will remain in office.
In 2014, Hachmeister realized an audio book on the married drama of the writer couple Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald, which is based on the transcript of a therapeutic conversation from 1933. The roles of Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald were taken on by Birgit Minichmayr and Tobias Moretti . The production was nominated for the German Audiobook Prize 2015 in the category “Best Publishing Achievement” (Der Hörverlag).
- As an author
- Theoretical journalism. Studies on the history of communication science in Germany. Wissenschaftsverlag Spiess, Berlin 1987, ISBN 3-89166-044-8 ( dissertation , University of Münster, 1986).
- With Jan Lingemann: The VIVA feeling . German music television and the new social democracy. University, Faculty 03, Frankfurt am Main 1998 (paper of the research focus on family, youth and communication sociology ).
- The enemy researcher. The career of SS leader Franz Alfred Six . Beck, Munich 1998, ISBN 3-406-43507-6 ( review ).
- Schleyer. A German story. Beck, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-406-51863-X ( reading sample at litrix.de; PDF; 73 kB ).
- Nervous Zone: Politics and Journalism in the Berlin Republic. DVA, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-421-04228-6 .
- Heidegger's will. The philosopher, SPIEGEL and the SS . Propylaea, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-549-07447-3 .
- Hanover. A German power center. DVA, Munich 2016, ISBN 978-3-421-04705-2 .
- As editor
- The television and its price. Materials on the history of the Adolf Grimme Prize 1973–1993. Klinkhardt, Bad Heilbrunn 1994, ISBN 3-7815-1048-4 ( review ).
- with Günther Rager : Who controls the media? The 50 largest media groups in the world.
- with Till Wäscher: Who controls the media? The 50 largest media and knowledge groups in the world. Herbert von Halem Verlag, Cologne 2017, ISBN 978-3-86962-234-7 .
- with Friedemann Siering: The journalists. The elite of the German press after 1945. Beck, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-406-47597-3 .
- with Dieterschlag: The television producers. Role and self-image. UVK, Konstanz 2003, ISBN 3-89669-423-5 .
- with Michael Kloft : The Goebbels Experiment. DVA, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-421-05879-2 .
- Basics of media policy. A manual. DVA, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-421-04297-2 .
- with Dieterschlag: Broadcasting Policy and Network Policy. Structural change in media policy in Germany. By Halem, Cologne 2013, ISBN 978-3-86962-081-7 .
- 2003: Schleyer - A German Story . Documentation 89 min., Production: NDR
- 2005: The Goebbels experiment . Documentation 108 min., Book: Lutz Hachmeister and Michael Kloft
- 2006: Bay of Billionaires Documentation, ZDF (45 min.); arte (79 min.), production: HMR Produktion GmbH
- 2006: Me, Reich-Ranicki . Documentation 105 min., Written and directed: Lutz Hachmeister and Gert Scobel .
- 2009: friendship! The Free German Youth . Documentation 90 min., Script and direction: Lutz Hachmeister and Mathias von der Heide, production: HMR Produktion GmbH
- 2010: The Cooks and the Stars , documentary 90 min, production: HMR Produktion / arte / WDR / NDR, funded by the Filmstiftung NRW
- 2011: Social Democrats. 18 months among comrades , documentary 90 min., HMR production / WDR / SWR / rbb
- 2011: The Real American - Joe McCarthy , docu-drama, production ZDF / HMR Produktion GmbH, script: Lutz Hachmeister, Simone Höller; Director: Lutz Hachmeister
- 2011: Looking for Peter Hartz , Documentation, Production ECO Media TV / HMR on behalf of SWR, WDR and 3sat
- 2011: The Real American - Joe McCarthy , 95 min., Production: HMR Produktion in cooperation with ZDF and arte
- 2015: The Hanover Complex , documentary, 90 min., Produced by EIKON West in cooperation with HMR Produktion, in coproduction with WDR, SWR, NDR, rbb and Phoenix, funded by the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW
- 2017: Wallraff was here , documentary, 60 min., Production: Gemini Film & Library GmbH in cooperation with HMR Produktion for RTL
- Review of: Who rules the media? ( Memento of November 19, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) medien practical , No. 3, 2000, pp. 67–68. (archived)
- Think tank media. Ex-Grimme boss Hachmeister has opened a research institute in Berlin. In: Der Tagesspiegel . January 26, 2006.
- L. Hachmeister: Work, Family, God and Fatherland - About some tendencies in German journalism. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung . August 3, 2007.
- Journalism needs heroes . In: Die Welt , July 1, 2007.
- World cities are now being played in Berlin . In: Der Tagesspiegel , August 29, 2007.
- Like smoking weed all the time . In: Fluter (Magazin) , July 10, 2009.
- It's a dangerous hobby . In: Der Tagesspiegel , December 19, 2012.
- The Mickey Mouse broadcasting policy seems helpless . In: epd media 49/2012.
- Wulff has always envied Schröder . In: Der Tagesspiegel , May 2, 2016.
- I didn't mean to harm the mirror . In: www.wolfgangmichal.de, August 1, 2016.
- Nils Minkmar : Star chef René Redzepi: The win of the flower pot . In: FAZ.net, May 4, 2010.
- Dorothy Rabinowitz: A Name That Lives in Infamy , in: Wall Street Journal, November 23, 2012
- About the IfM ( Memento of the original from April 15, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- MABB press release: Constituent meeting of the media council.
- Lutz Hachmeister: An academic forger cannot remain a minister. A call ( memento of the original from February 24, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . In: Carta.info, February 22, 2011, accessed February 24, 2011.
- Media historian suspends doctorate in protest against Guttenberg. In: Deutschlandfunk , February 24, 2011.
- http://www.deutschlandradiokultur.de/f-scott-und-zelda-fitzgerald-beruehmtes-paar-beim-psychiater.1270.de.html?dram:article_id=301476 .
- See for example: "The steeper the theses, the better for the ratings", in: Junge Welt, July 26, 2019.
- Production: HMR Produktion GmbH (Cologne), Germany, Great Britain 2003-2005
- Reviews by Volker Hage: Review A memorial for the critic. In: Spiegel Online . and Hubert Spiegel: none other than him. In: FAZ. October 13, 2006.
- The Real American in: HMR Produktion GmbH
- CIA had McCarthy spied on by Communist hunters in: Spiegel Online of April 17, 2011
- HMR Production: In Search of Peter Hartz
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist, university lecturer for journalism, non-fiction author, film director and film producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 10, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Minden , North Rhine-Westphalia|