musica aperta is an international concert series for contemporary music in Winterthur in the canton of Zurich that has existed since 1999 . It is directed by the violinist Egidius Streiff and the composer and pianist Max E. Keller . The series developed from the alternative stage Theater am Gleis , of which Keller was temporarily. In some cases, interdisciplinary productions were created in which, in addition to music, literature, dance, electronics and performance were presented. The music journalist Sibylle Ehrismann described musica aperta as a “meeting place for the most important Swiss avant-garde artists”.
Concerts and performances
In the past seasons artists from Switzerland and abroad have performed in the concert series. a. the Quartetto Prometeo , the Ensemble for New Music Zurich , the Ensemble Horizonte and the Ensemble Sortisatio .
Numerous world premieres were given a. a. Works by Werner Bärtschi , Pierre-André Bovey , Jean-Luc Darbellay , Martin Daske , Violeta Dinescu , Hans Eugen Frischknecht , Aleksander Gabryś , Nils Günther , Michael Heisch , Johannes K. Hildebrandt , Markus Hofer , Ralf Hoyer , Max E. Keller, Rudolf Kelterborn , Péter Kőszeghy , Francisco Kröpfl , Junghae Lee , Andor Losonczy , Andrés Maupoint , Rodolphe Schacher , Hannes Seidl , Art-Oliver Simon , Susanne Stelzenbach , Mike Svoboda , Gabriel Valverde , María Cecilia Villanueva , Chan Wing-wah , Peter Wettstein , René Wohlhauser , Jürg Wyttenbach and Helmut Zapf .
Until 2014 the concerts took place mainly in the Theater am Gleis. The main venue then moved to the large hall of the old town house (entrance to the basement theater ), and in 2015 to the Villa Sträuli opposite the town garden . The Kunstmuseum Winterthur also served as a concert venue in some cases .
Sponsors and Cooperations
The series will u. a. supported by the city of Winterthur, the canton of Zurich and various foundations. The Swiss cultural broadcaster Radio SRF 2 Kultur (formerly DRS 2) regularly records concerts. There are collaborations with other German and Swiss music festivals, such as L'art pour l'Aar (Bern).
- Sibylle Ehrismann: Chance can play along. In: The Landbote . 19th June 2019.
- Sibylle Ehrismann: A veteran of the local avant-garde: Jazz The Aargau composer Max E. Keller pays homage to a provocative, committed artist. In: Northwestern Switzerland . March 30, 2017.
- Felix Michel: Salon culture with contemporaries: The Quartetto Prometeo uses the space at the "musica aperta". In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung . May 22, 2017, p. 29.
- Susanne Kübler: 10 years of “Musica aperta”, in: Tages-Anzeiger of June 13, 2009, p. 46.
- Archive 1999–2017 , musica-aperta.ch, accessed on February 4, 2018.
- Archive 2018/19 , musica-aperta.ch, accessed on August 9, 2019.
- Theater am Gleis (TaG) in Winterthur glossary.
- Event cooperations, villastraeuli.ch, accessed on August 9, 2019.