Live and act
Family and education
Both parents Nouri Pours are aviation - engineers , the mother is also a biologist and the father of economics . In August 1988 they left Iran with their children and went to Frankfurt am Main , where they bought an apartment as tourists in the 1970s. One reason for the move was Omid Nouripour's age of 13, because he would not have been allowed to leave the country at the age of 14 due to the ongoing First Gulf War ; in addition, an uncle had been executed, another had been injured by poison gas in the war and his sister had already been arrested once.
He had already started to learn German in Iran. In 1996 he graduated from the Bettinaschule in Frankfurt . He then began studying German Philology with the minor subjects political science and law at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz , which he supplemented in 1997 with a second degree in sociology , philosophy and economics . He did not graduate from either course after becoming a full-time member of the Green Board of Directors in 2002.
Nouripour is a Muslim, married and has one son. In addition to Iranian citizenship, he has also had German citizenship since 2002. He said he would forego the former, but in the case of Iran this is hardly possible. In his spare time he sometimes appears as a rapper under the name "MC Omid".
He has been a member of the Greens since 1996. He was initially involved in the Green Youth , whose Hessian state chairman he was from 1999 to 2003, and in the immigrant initiative ImmiGrün. During this time he was also a member of the state board of the Greens in Hesse . From 2002 to 2010 he was the spokesman for the Federal Working Group on Migrants and Refugees .
At the federal delegates' conference on December 8, 2002, Nouripour was elected together with Katja Husen as an assessor on the federal board of Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen. At the end of 2004 he was re-elected in Kiel. On December 2, 2006, he did not run again, and Malte Spitz was his successor.
Nouripour was a member of the right-wing extremism commission of the federal board of Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen.
On September 1, 2006, he moved to the Bundestag for Joschka Fischer , who had left the Bundestag, via the Hesse state list . There he was initially a member of the European Committee and from 2008 to the 2009 Bundestag election a member of the Budget and Defense Committee .
From 2009 to 2013 Nouripour was security policy spokesman for the Alliance 90 / The Greens parliamentary group. He has been the foreign policy spokesman for his parliamentary group since the 2013 federal election. He is also a full member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Committee on Human Rights and Humanitarian Aid as well as a deputy member of the Defense Committee and the Subcommittee on Foreign Cultural Policy.
- Islamic State
In September 2014, Nouripour spoke out in favor of air strikes against the Islamic State , but refused to deliver weapons to the Kurds.
- My job, my language, my country - how integration works . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2007, ISBN 978-3-451-29582-9 .
- Small lexicon for MiMiMis and organic Germans . dtv , Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-423-26032-9 .
- What to do against jihadists How we can defeat terror . dtv , Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-423-26155-5 .
Nouripour is a member of the board of directors of Atlantik-Brücke and a member of the European Union parliamentary group of the German Bundestag . Nouripour is also an assessor on the board of the German Atlantic Society . Until February 2014 he sat on the advisory board of the Forum for Intercultural Dialogue for several years . V. (FID), of which the Islamic preacher Fethullah Gülen is the honorary chairman . He is chairman of the bundesAdler e. V. , the Eintracht Frankfurt fan club in the German Bundestag, which he was instrumental in initiating.
- Literature by and about Omid Nouripour in the catalog of the German National Library
- Facebook page of Omid Nouripour
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Curriculum vitae at the Bundestag parliamentary group Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen
- Interview with the Süddeutsche Zeitung, May 26, 2010
- Omid Nouripour on parliamentwatch.de
- Markus Wehner : Top German politicians disguise their dropouts. FAZ.net , May 13, 2013, accessed on February 8, 2018 .
- Own information in an interview with Jung & Naiv (episode 351) on January 15, 2018.
- www.gruene-bundestag.de Vita
- see Iranians in Germany # multiple citizenship
- Vita on Nouripour's website.
- Isis can only be stopped militarily. In: n-tv Online, Sept. 11, 2014.
- Political means not yet exhausted. In: Deutschlandfunk, Sept. 4, 2014.
- Publisher's page on the book. ( Memento of the original from December 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Publisher's page on the book.
- Website of the Atlantik-Brücke: Committees
- Our board of directors. Board of Directors (assessor). Website German Atlantic Society . Retrieved October 17, 2012.
- Stefan Toepfer: The distance to the Gülen movement is growing. Quote: "Nouripour has resigned his work on the advisory board of the association, (...)". FAZ.net , February 15, 2014, accessed on February 8, 2018 .
- Advisory Board. ( Memento of the original from February 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Website of the FID e. V. Accessed September 16, 2013.
- Adler in the Bundestag: An interview with Omid Nouripour. sge4ever.de, September 23, 2016, accessed on February 8, 2018 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||امید نوری پور (Persian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 18, 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tehran , Iran|