In the 1980s Husmann was in the cabaret duo Burghardt & Husmann with his partner Hubert Burghardt on stage for many years. Since 1995 he has been working permanently for the production company Brainpool , where he is responsible as headwriter and producer for various comedy and show productions. There he wrote for the Harald Schmidt Show (until 1998), the comedy series Anke (2000/01), Berlin, Berlin , Alles Pocher ... or what? and Rent a Pocher (2002 and 2003). He also worked as a writer for the programs RTL Saturday Night , Schreinemakers Live and stern TV and was primarily responsible for the series Dr. Psycho . Husmann is also the author of a men's column in Playboy .
Since 2004 he has achieved a high level of awareness as the author of the TV series Stromberg . In addition to his work behind the camera, he can also be seen in the supporting role of employee Hans Schmelzer .
Husmanns Stromberg was an initially unapproved adaptation of the British television series The Office (2001-2003). An online Q&A with co-writer and lead actor of the hit British series, Ricky Gervais , suggests Stromberg is not an authorized spin-off of the British original (unlike The Office in the US, or Le Bureau in France). Gervais adds that an out-of-court settlement was reached with Husmann and the production company Brainpool about the illegal plagiarism. The agreement includes the naming of the authors of The Office in the credits of Stromberg (from season 2) and also includes financial compensation for Ricky Gervais and his co-author Stephen Merchant . Husmann has not publicly commented on the allegations or the settlement and has so far not mentioned The Office , Gervais or Merchant in connection with the creation of Stromberg . The character he portrayed, Hans, wears a BBC T-shirt during her appearance in the episode Badminton in the second season and mentions at the end of the film that Stromberg is a typically German person for him who lives in another country, such as England , would be inconceivable.
In May 2008 he brought out the novel Not My Day . He has also written a television series for Stromberg actor Bjarne Mädel entitled Der kleine Mann , which was broadcast on ProSieben from March 2009 .
In September 2010 Husmann published his second book Beware of People . Its filming as an impostor comedy for ARD ran there in early 2015 in the evening program.
At the beginning of 2014, two films based on Husmann's books were released in German cinemas: the novel adaptation of Not My Day and Stromberg - The Film . He also published his new book Arbeit macht Arbeit, that's why it's called that ... Stromberg - The golden job rules. The ultimate office book! . It was also published as an audio book, read by the title character Christoph Maria Herbst .
In March 2016, Das Erste aired the Tatort episode in one fell swoop , for which Husmann wrote the script. In the interview he emphasized that he strives to combine crime with comedy, so that "ironic and funny elements are in it - maybe a little different than in the classic crime scene".
Husmann lives in Cologne .
- 1999–2001: Anke - The Comedy Series (TV series, 24 episodes)
- 2004–2012: Stromberg (TV series, 46 episodes)
- 2007–2008: Dr. Psycho - The bad guys, the cops, my wife and I (TV series, 14 episodes)
- 2009: The Little Man (TV series, 8 episodes)
- 2014: Not my day
- 2014: Stromberg - The Movie
- 2015: beware of people
- 2016: Tatort: In one fell swoop
- 2016: Crime Scene: The King of the Gutter
- 2017: Crime scene: an eye for an eye
- 2017–2019: Lammert's corpses (web series, 12 episodes)
- since 2019: Merz against Merz (TV series)
- since 2019: Ms. Jordan equals (TV series)
- since 2019: Check Check (TV series)
- 2019: The King of Cologne (TV movie)
- Not my day , Scherz Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2008, ISBN 3-502-11038-7
- Beware of people , Scherz Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2010, ISBN 3-502-11064-6
- The relationship box. When couples unpack with Sonja Schönemann , Scherz Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2012, ISBN 978-3-651-00031-5
- Work makes work, that's why it's called that ... Stromberg - The golden job rules. The ultimate office book! S. Fischer Verlage, Frankfurt am Main 2014, ISBN 978-3-596-19854-2
- 2001: Nominated for German Comedy Award for Anke
- 2004: Nomination of the German TV Prize for Rent a Pocher
- 2005: Nomination of the German TV Prize for Rent a Pocher
- 2006: Adolf Grimme Prize for Stromberg
- 2006: Triple platinum from Sony Music for over 150,000 DVD editions of the first two Stromberg seasons sold
- 2007: German television award in the "Best Book" category for Stromberg and Dr. Psycho
- 2008: Adolf Grimme Prize for Dr. Psycho
- 2009: Double platinum from Sony Music for the DVD edition of the third Stromberg season
- 2016: Bavarian TV Prize with Peter Güde as the author of the film Beware of People (WDR / ARD)
- Literature by and about Ralf Husmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ralf Husmann in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jochen Voß: Comedy from an asshole's perspective: Interview with “Stromberg” author Ralf Husmann . DWDL.de , November 20, 2006
- Fabian Krott: Interview with Ralf Husmann. Literature Community, January 7, 2011, archived from the original on April 12, 2013 ; Retrieved December 19, 2017 .
- Peter Luley: “Stromberg” producer: “I have a soft spot for embarrassing situations” . Spiegel Online , March 8, 2007
- Markus Brauck: Comedy: Master of the pathetic . Spiegel Online, August 4, 2008
- Ralf Husmanns: "Not my day" . Website of the S. Fischer publishers about Husmann's book
- "The Little Man" - the new comedy series on ProSieben. ProSieben announcement in the press portal, January 21, 2009, accessed on December 19, 2017 .
- Antje Hildebrandt: Ralf Husmann, the master of the pathetic . Die Welt , February 25, 2015, accessed December 19, 2017.
- Christiane Raatz (dpa): Author Ralf Husmann on his "crime scene": Greatest possible contrast to brutality, blood, violence and corpses . Stern.de , March 5, 2016, accessed December 19, 2017.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German screenwriter, producer and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 24, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dortmund|